“Wouldn't be my first choice”
Review of The Crab Trap

The Crab Trap
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Bar
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Family-owned and operated since 1979! Please visit our website to see our full menu and more information!Casual dining in an eclectic, nautical atmosphere with friendly staff and a variety of tasty choices.Lunch AND Dinner served 7 days a week starting at 11:00am and 5:00pm. Serving fresh local seafood: blackened, broiled, grilled or fried; also chicken, steaks, and raw oysters year-round. A Kid's Menu with plenty of choices. And NOW featuring a "Smaller Catch" Menu for those looking for a lighter meal!Beer, wine, cocktails at TWO Full Bars...be sure to visit the upstairs Sunset Bar with views of the Fernandina Beach Marina while you're here!Reservations not required, but call-aheads for parties of 10 or more are greatly appreciated.
Jacksonville, FL
“Wouldn't be my first choice”
Reviewed December 2, 2013

We ate here last Friday and overall it was an okay experience. The service was GREAT, both the hostess and our waitress were friendly and very attentive. For appetizers we had gator tail that had too much batter, blue crab claw soup which everyone agreed was good, and oysters on the half shell which were also good. The seafood cannelloni and the stuffed flounder got thumbs ups, but my broiled scallops were overcooked and rubbery.

Nice ambiance, great staff, STRONG margaritas. I think this would be a great place for drinks and maybe appetizers, but overall wouldn't be my first choice for dinner.

• Visited November 2013

Wappingers Falls, New York
“Good food; enjoyable atmosphere”
Reviewed November 13, 2013

My husband & I ate at the Crab Trap in July 2013 with our 2 kids while on vacation on Amelia Island. The food was good, reasonable & the atmosphere was fun (yes, touristy - but still fun!). We did get a table around 5 for dinner on a Monday, and apparently just in time as the dinner crowd started in and we saw people waiting long for tables.

We enjoyed our meals, though our 5 y.o. son would tell the chef not to bread the french fries!

Would definitely go back to the Crab Trap if we lived nearby.

• Visited July 2013
SouthGa
“Disappointing Return to an Old Favorite”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

We've long been fans of The Crab Trap on trips to Fernandina Beach, but this experience was a bit disappointing. The boiled shrimp were so-so (small and limp, not dissimilar from those you get steamed at the grocery store) and my broiled fish lacked freshness and flavor. Service was quick and friendly, but overall the meal was just average this time. Perhaps it was due to the off-season or maybe just an off night in the kitchen, but it seems lately the quality has been slipping - just not the wonderful place we have enjoyed 2-3 times a year for the past 12-15 years. The good (but perhaps telling) thing was, it wasn't busy and we walked right in (highly unusual).

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank SouthGaTravelGuy
georgia
“Good times”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

We had a great time at the Crab Trap. I have been there dozens of times, but this one was definitely the best. My boyfriend and I went for a quick lunch before walking around town. A bus full of teenagers had gotten there just before we did so the manager took our drink orders. The server did a great job of taking care of us. Food was great, beer was great. All around an enjoyable experience!

• Visited October 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great place for dinner”
Reviewed October 17, 2013

This is a small, off the main street restaurant. The food was great, and so was the service. Had scallops that were the largest I have ever seen. My wife had lobster, and it was fantastic. Happy hour goes all day, so don't rush to finish. Stay and enjoy the fun.

Visited October 2013