“Girls Day Out”
Review of The Crab Trap

The Crab Trap
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Family-owned and operated since 1979! Please visit our website to see our full menu and more information!Casual dining in an eclectic, nautical atmosphere with friendly staff and a variety of tasty choices.Lunch AND Dinner served 7 days a week starting at 11:00am and 5:00pm. Serving fresh local seafood: blackened, broiled, grilled or fried; also chicken, steaks, and raw oysters year-round. A Kid's Menu with plenty of choices. And NOW featuring a "Smaller Catch" Menu for those looking for a lighter meal!Beer, wine, cocktails at TWO Full Bars...be sure to visit the upstairs Sunset Bar with views of the Fernandina Beach Marina while you're here!Reservations not required, but call-aheads for parties of 10 or more are greatly appreciated.
Reviewed July 22, 2013

My food was on the cool side but the Fresh Local Shrimp grilled had a wonderful flavor. The best part of our lunch was our wonderful server, Amber. A delight. I'd go back for her. If my food had been piping I would go back for it too. :-) The seafood casserole was delicious. Rich! We had it as an appetizer and shared it which made it just right.

Crab T, Public Relations Manager at The Crab Trap, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2013

Thank you for your kind words! We are so very proud of our staff. They are like family. Please come join us again for a fresh, HOT meal next time you're on the island. :)

There are newer reviews for The Crab Trap

Reviewed July 22, 2013

We should have heeded the previous reviews. Do not go here. Waitress did not know the menu at all or the prices. Every time we asked her a basic question the answer was "I don't know" and we thought when she came back she would know the answer - but I guess that was too much to ask. Food was terrible. Save your money and go somewhere else.

2  Thank kjmfl

Thank you for your comments, and I'm sorry that you did not have an enjoyable time. We have addressed your issues with the management and staff, and ensure that it will not happen again. We hope you will come back and give us another try. Thanks again.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

The food was over priced and cold. It took an hour to get our food and when we did ....we were all so disappointed! The place was way over priced !

2  Thank Cindy P

We're so sorry for your experience. I wish you had mentioned the issue when you were here, and we could have made it right. We strive to provide fresh-cooked meals to all of our guests, and would have gladly made you a fresh meal. Please visit us again so that we can have another chance. Thank you for your comments.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

This was the worst restaurant I have been in, in a long time !! U know if the parking lot is full it is suppose to be good. Well don't go here during happy hour because that is all they care about !! Loud and as soon as happy hour is over they must not care. Every table around us was waiting to!! It wasn't the waitress fault but we couldn't understand her. We had to keep asking her to explain the entree , she did attend to us but the meal after a hour wait, smelled bad, and I took 1 bite and it was so strong, I could not swallow it . My husband didn't want his meal because I couldn't eat mind. This restaurant should pay attention to the the people ordering meals !!! When we were leaving they said they were busy upstairs. Maybe they should tell people that want to eat to go upstairs !!

2  Thank JeanThomas14

We're sorry that your visit wasn't perfect. We have addressed the issues your referenced in your review and hope that you'll give us another try next time you're on Amelia Island. I hope that if you are ever not satisfied with something at The Crab Trap, that you let the manager or owner know immediately so that the problem can be corrected while you're still here. We strive for each customer to leave happy and satisfied.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

We went here last year for lunch and really enjoyed it. This year did not disappoint. My husband had the oyster po-boy and I had the salad and half sandwich. The sandwich was grilled fish and it was seasoned so well, very tender and delicate. We split the homemade key lime pie, also wonderful. I was very impressed with the service, apparently the other reviews did not care for the service but our waitress was great, very friendly and attentive. Great experience!

Thanks for your review! We appreciate comments like these. Over the past few months, we have made some positive changes, and it's reassuring to know that you decided to join us, amidst a few negative reviews, and then that you had a great experience! Please come back and see us for lunch or dinner soon.