“Great food” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Crab Trap

The Crab Trap
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Bar scene, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Family-owned and operated since 1979! Please visit our website to see our full menu and more information!Casual dining in an eclectic, nautical atmosphere with friendly staff and a variety of tasty choices.Lunch AND Dinner served 7 days a week starting at 11:00am and 5:00pm. Serving fresh local seafood: blackened, broiled, grilled or fried; also chicken, steaks, and raw oysters year-round. A Kid's Menu with plenty of choices. And NOW featuring a "Smaller Catch" Menu for those looking for a lighter meal!Beer, wine, cocktails at TWO Full Bars...be sure to visit the upstairs Sunset Bar with views of the Fernandina Beach Marina while you're here!Reservations not required, but call-aheads for parties of 10 or more are greatly appreciated.
New York
“Great food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2008

My husband and I enjoyed a very good dinner here on a recent Thursday night. The place was very crowded, and the service kept up with the pace quite well. It has a rustic, very family-friendly atmosphere.
I had an entree of grilled shrimp with cheese grits and hush puppies, all of which were excellent. The shrimp were tender and grilled perfectly, and the sauce was delicious.
My husband had the blackened Mahi Mahi with coconut rum sauce which was out of this world!! The coconut rum sauce was not visible, except for maybe adding a bit of a juicy look to the fish, but the flavor left no doubt that it was present. If they sold it by the bottle, I would have stocked up. Delicious!!
The only down side was the french fries. They were lightly batter fried, but not so good as per my husband, who loves french fries. For him to leave them on his plate, well, let's just say this was a first.
The prices were reasonable for what we had. We would surely eat here again.

Hebron, KY
“A must eat!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2008

Great seafood! A great affordable restaurant you cannot miss.

Bryceville
“Its Worth The Drive”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2008

We have been there 3 times. We drive about an hour to get there. the food has always been excellent. I have the fried shrimp. It is well seasoned. my husband gets the seafood casarole. Which is very tastey... A must when visiting Amelia Island.

Topsy_Crett
“Tourist (Crab) Trap of Misery”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2007

We ate here our first night in Fernandina Beach and were terribly disapointed, probably we should have left when we first noticed the overpowering rotton fish smell.
We started with the chowder which arrived after 20 minutes as a thin watery broth with odd curds floating on the top. 15 minutes later we received our order of crabcakes which seemed to be made of bread and pepper but no actual crab.My partner ordered the shrimp creole that turned out to be a very small bowl with 3 frozen shrimp covered in canned tomato sauce. As we sat with our miserable dinner we could hear the owner screaming obscenities at the staff in the kitchen.
The next day we read in the local newspaper that the restaurant had recently been given 23 health code violations.Not surprising.

3 Thank Topsy_Crett
trinagriggs
“Loved It”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2007

My husband and I LOVED the food. I ordered fried shrimp and fries while he ordered the same but i also pongo (sp?) fish, it was great as well. The fries were my favorite! the wait was well worth it!! only wish it was closer!!!