“Service was the only good thing about this place!”
Review of The Crab Trap

The Crab Trap
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Bar
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Family-owned and operated since 1979! Please visit our website to see our full menu and more information!Casual dining in an eclectic, nautical atmosphere with friendly staff and a variety of tasty choices.Lunch AND Dinner served 7 days a week starting at 11:00am and 5:00pm. Serving fresh local seafood: blackened, broiled, grilled or fried; also chicken, steaks, and raw oysters year-round. A Kid's Menu with plenty of choices. And NOW featuring a "Smaller Catch" Menu for those looking for a lighter meal!Beer, wine, cocktails at TWO Full Bars...be sure to visit the upstairs Sunset Bar with views of the Fernandina Beach Marina while you're here!Reservations not required, but call-aheads for parties of 10 or more are greatly appreciated.
Fernandina Beach, Florida
“Service was the only good thing about this place!”
Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

Quality and taste of our dinners was very lacking. Service was very good, but everything else was very poor. Even the hush puppies where gooey. Amelia has many good restaurants, but this is not one on them.

Athens, Georgia, United States
“Excellent!”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Our family enjoyed everything about this restaurant! We ate here two nights for dinner and thoroughly enjoyed both trips. Loved the bucket of oysters and crab legs! Our servers were excellent and very efficient! We were impressed by the friendly staff who took the time to interact with our children as well. Our family will definately be returning on our next trip!

• Visited January 2013
Jacksonville, Florida
“Tourist Trap!”
Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

We went on the recommendation of the hotel; the food was decent but I recommend you stick with the seafood. My crab legs were good but my husband's steak--not so much. The atmosphere was typical "crab shack" to be expected; we didn't mind that, but it took forever to get our food on a night they just weren't that busy. If you go I'd try making a reservation and expect to be there all night. Prices are over inflated. My guess is "everyone goes here." I'm not sure I was impressed enough with my experience that I'm glad I joined them.

North Carolina
“CRAB TRAP - TOURIST TRAP”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

We stopped at the Crab Trap for lunch. It is a true tourist trap. The food was bad. My husband ordered oyster on the shells. The oyster muscle was not cut so he had to order a knife to do it himself. The oysters were served on ice, but half of it was over them instead of under them and served on a dirty, broken wood tray. We had a crab soup where you could not find the crab and topped with 1/4 inch of melted butter. I had the shrimps which were OK, but overwhelmed with butter. The tartar sauce was in a plastic bottle on the table and did not look too good.... Price point too high for the food served.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Savytrotter
Saint Augustine, Florida, United States
“Good food, atmosphere, location”
Reviewed December 30, 2012

Enjoyed the stuffed shrimp and seafood lasagna. Food was very good, prices were just a bit steep. Staff was nice. Good location. Would go again.

Visited December 2012