“pleasant lunch in courtyard”
Review of Cafe Karibo

Cafe Karibo
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Rockville, MD
“pleasant lunch in courtyard”
Reviewed November 10, 2010

We went to Cafe Karibo for lunch last week while visiting Amelia Island. Although I was disappointed to find out that the shrimp and grits, which I had been eager to try, was only available after 5 pm, we still had a nice lunch while sitting in the courtyard. The atmosphere outside was pleasant but it was a little buggy and we were occasionally pelted with acorns from the oak trees! My husband had the shrimp salad on croissant ($10.49), which he liked. I had the Cajun Soft Shell Crab Sandwich ($12.99), which was too heavily fried for my taste, though I did like the accompanying house fries. There were a lot of other interesting appetizers, sandwiches, salads, and "pub food" on the menu.

salisbury, nc
“Great lunch”
Reviewed October 22, 2010

We stopped in here for lunch one day. We were a little nervous about eating outdoors on such a hot day. Once we were seated in the courtyard there was a pleasant breeze that made it very comfortable. The courtyard was full of people but we did not have to wait and there is good spacing between the tables so you don't feel cramped. The service was a little slow but we were on island time so it did not bother us. The menu was limited but the food was great. I will have to return sometime and try their dinner.

San Diego, California
“Went twice in one week it was so good”
Reviewed October 12, 2010

My husband and I came here after reading online reviews and getting a recommendation from the Amelia River Cruise crew. We loved it so much we brought my mom and dad back with us later in the week. Loved the outdoor seating and the Cuban sandwich. The beer was just ok, but everything else was excellent. We came for lunch - prices were very reasonable. Dinner prices seemed a little high for Florida.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“great place for a casual lunch”
Reviewed August 29, 2010

We stopped by Cafe Karibo on our last day in Amelia--- it was exactly what we were looking for-- something simple, inexpensive, and tasty. The food was good--- not fantastic, but very solid--- and the menu had a great selection of sandwiches and salads to chose from. The service was also very efficient and friendly. I wouldn't recommend Cafe Karibo as a place for a special meal, but if you are looking for a quick laid back lunch or dinner it will certainly do the trick.

Fernandina Beach
“Fabulous Outdoor Seating & Delicious Food”
Reviewed August 6, 2010

After passing by Cafe Karibo many times, my boyfriend and I finally decided to go there for lunch. It was a beautiful day and the shaded patio was a fabulous place to sit ouside -it was not too hot and the breeze was great. My boyfriend had the Tuna Melt and I had the Couscous salad with Tofu. The prices there are GREAT (less than $10 for most lunches) and the iced tea was so refreshing. My salad was huge and the tofu was cooked nicely. My boyfriend, who is pretty picky, ate every bite and was thrilled with the flavors of his sandwich.

Its a great place to have a relaxing, informal lunch.