“great place for a casual lunch”
Review of Cafe Karibo

Cafe Karibo
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Washington DC, District of Columbia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“great place for a casual lunch”
Reviewed August 29, 2010

We stopped by Cafe Karibo on our last day in Amelia--- it was exactly what we were looking for-- something simple, inexpensive, and tasty. The food was good--- not fantastic, but very solid--- and the menu had a great selection of sandwiches and salads to chose from. The service was also very efficient and friendly. I wouldn't recommend Cafe Karibo as a place for a special meal, but if you are looking for a quick laid back lunch or dinner it will certainly do the trick.

Fernandina Beach
“Fabulous Outdoor Seating & Delicious Food”
Reviewed August 6, 2010

After passing by Cafe Karibo many times, my boyfriend and I finally decided to go there for lunch. It was a beautiful day and the shaded patio was a fabulous place to sit ouside -it was not too hot and the breeze was great. My boyfriend had the Tuna Melt and I had the Couscous salad with Tofu. The prices there are GREAT (less than $10 for most lunches) and the iced tea was so refreshing. My salad was huge and the tofu was cooked nicely. My boyfriend, who is pretty picky, ate every bite and was thrilled with the flavors of his sandwich.

Its a great place to have a relaxing, informal lunch.

Ohio
“Exceeded expectations - even for a picky one!”
Reviewed August 4, 2010

Picked this place based on a reco from a bartender at the DogStar Tavern (a cool place BTW)....Sat outside on a patio that reminded us of Key West. Even though it was warm, there was a nice breeze. We were served quickly. She had the Swordfish Special and he had the Pork Chop. Both were incredible,,,,try the mashed potatoes if they are on the menu...to die for! Even had dessert....a Carmel Buttermilk Cake. It was even too rich for me! The server could have checked up on us a few more times, but that thing doesn't really upset us so it wasn't a biggie. Overall, a great little spot to have a meal!!

“Awful food! Cold enchiladas, reheated...”
Reviewed July 10, 2010

Awful food! Cold enchiladas, reheated less than thoroughly under the broiler for $15 is a disaster. Service was friendly, but it didn't make up for the bad food.

Fernandina Beach, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Locals disappointed several times”
Reviewed July 9, 2010

We have been coming to Cafe Karibou for many years and feel like the service, quality of food and apprecaition for the local clients has greatly depreciated lately. I am a vegetarian and think they used to offer alot of veggie friendly dishes while my husband who is a complete meat eater was excited about the Pub menu. All that being said, the hostess stand is chaos, the bartender is grossly unorganized and has no people skills, and it seems they cater to tourist as opposed to locals. Two strikes and I am done. Good luck!

1 Thank PruittTwinsMom