“Fantastic vegetarian meal!”
Review of Cafe Karibo

Cafe Karibo
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed July 27, 2014

I found this restaurant initially using Happy Cow when I was searching for veg-friendly restaurants to visit during our trip to Amelia Island. I'm so glad because we enjoyed a fantastic meal with great service. We enjoyed several of the vegetarian small plates (which were an impressive size!) and the standout dish was their lentil salad. After that my husband and I both split the veggie burger and it was one of the best that I've ever had. Excellent food, laid-back atmosphere and superb service. Would go back in a heartbeat.

There are newer reviews for Cafe Karibo

Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

Fantastic portobello sandwich. Great outside patio even in the heat of summer. Definitely will come back. Good service and varied menu.

Reviewed July 24, 2014

Though it was recommended as a place to take kids (ours are 17 and 16), I didn't feel the same after eating there. The menu was good and there was lots of variety but it was almost like a tapas place in terms of the portions which doesn't suit teenage boys. My wife had the lentils and thought they were outstanding and I had shrimp and grits which was very good. They were generous with the shrimp and the shrimp were large and perfectly prepared. The portions overall are small BUT the prices are also reasonable so you are not being overcharged for what you receive. The biggest disappointment was that we did not get to eat outside. Though our reservation was for a spot in the courtyard, the weather was iffy and they chose to move us inside.

Reviewed July 21, 2014

This is a great little restaurant, the flat bread pizza was one of the best I've ever had. Great burger and service, will return again.

Reviewed July 21, 2014

Nice casual dining and atmosphere for the beach. Options of sitting outside under the shaded patio or inside, they brew their own beer which my husband loved. We had the fresh Popano which was cooked to perfection. I would love to go back. Only thing they should do differently is clearly mark the entrance and post a seating sign.