“Pleasant Atmosphere Good Food”
Review of Cafe Karibo

Cafe Karibo
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed September 24, 2012

My wife and I had lunch this past Saturday. It was a beautiful day so we sat outside on the tree lined courtyard. I had the Cuban turkey sandwich that was very good. My wife had the vegetarian falafel special that she enjoyed also. Service was a little slow but we were in no hurry so it was not a problem. Portions for both of us were adequate and we both had to go boxes. All in all, this is a vey good and casual place for lunch. Dinner is also served and would definitely try it on our next visit.

There are newer reviews for Cafe Karibo

Reviewed September 8, 2012

Best brushetta I have ever had!!!!!!! Love the patio area! Cool and relaxing with our dog and some live music! Enjoyed it!

Reviewed September 3, 2012

We were party of 6, we arrived just after the cafe opened. When we arrived there was another party of 2 in the cafe. The waitress came and took our order. served our drinks.
The cafe began to fill up and other orders were taken. Several of the others who came in after us was served first. We asked the waitress about this and she advised us there
was a large party in the other room. The manager came out later and advised us there
was trouble in the kitchen. We waited 45 minutes before we started asking questions.
The manager basically told us if we did not wait we could leave, it was our decision.
On a party of 6 they add a grauity of 18%. Why would we want to pay an 18% guarity for
this kind of service. It took a long time before we could get the waitress attention to ask questions about our order. We make a special trip to this cafe because we had heard good things about it.

2  Thank Helen H
Reviewed August 29, 2012

My wife and I had eaten here on previous visits but just for quick snacks, not something worth reviewing. This time, due to many restaurants being closed (off season) we gave it a try for dinner.

We were initially disturbed to find the downstairs dining dominated by a noisy trivia crowd but we managed to get seating at the relatively new upstairs outdoor patio. Very nice. Views of the sunset through the trees. Pity it could not have been made larger.

I was worried that because servers had to climb stairs to wait on us that we might suffer from lack of attention and maybe get cold food. Au contraire. We were well taken care of.

I ordered a cuban panini, not being in the mood for anything more ambitious. Delicious! My wife though ordered diver scallops. This was to me a bit ambitious for this type of restaurant and on the expensive side at $25.00. I was somewhat apprehensive as to how it would turn out. My wife pronounced it excellent with just a slight criticism on the sauce.

So one can dine here, eat cheap or go up market and not be disappointed. Good job!!

Reviewed August 29, 2012

This is a really casual place for lunch or dinner. The staff does a good job making you feel welcome and the food is unusual and good. Wine is reasonable. Have quiet background live music so you can talk and eat.