“Funky, Eclectic and Delicious”
Review of Cafe Karibo

Cafe Karibo
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed August 11, 2011

This is our first trip to Amelia Island and was the first restaurant we tried. We came back a second night. The Fish & Chips special was delicious w/ a combo of sweet potato fries and regular fries. We also shared a good veggie burger and a delicious flatbread special with shrimp and other goodies. Another night we shared their spinach, feta and walnut quesidilla, delicious but light on the filling, crab cakes with delicious remoulade and 2 slices of brie. The wait staff was terrific both nights. Food, made to order, does not come out quickly. We loved the funky atmosphere! We plan to go back our last night.

Reviewed August 9, 2011

Excellent! Everything was so fresh. Unique combinations for sandwiches, salads, and entrees. Great homemade desserts. Wonderful staff! A real delight!

Reviewed July 31, 2011

After all the positive review, I booked a surprise B'day party for my wife and 14 friends and family. Our guests arrived to a secluded courtyard as scheduled and nothing was set up. While food was good, the wait was so bad, they kept bringing chips and salsa to try and keep us busy. Our server, Jill, did a geat job with a uncooperating kitchen. Not the great time I was hoping for.

Reviewed July 27, 2011

Interestingly, there is a tripadvisor decal in the window yet this was the least palatable meal yet of our vacation on Amelia Island. The Sangria was great and the kids menu is good, as well. However the chili prawns were practically inedible due to excessive saltiness. If I hadn't already waited 45 minutes for my meal I would have sent it back. It was great that the kids food came first but 20min early isnt acceptable. I overheard other patrons commenting similarly,we were told-new chef.

Reviewed July 24, 2011

My husband and I ate here on a Sunday afternoon. I got the turkey cuban... was very good. My husband got the baja chicken... was okay, kinda bland and chicken was overcooked & dry. Our salads were very good and fresh. The sangria is just okay. We sat outside, with the exception of a stray cat and a few flies, it was nice. I would say the wait staff could be friendlier. Overall was a pretty good fresh lunch... definitely worth trying.