“Just Perfect for a Romantic Dinner”
Review of Le Clos

Le Clos
Reserve a Table
Fri, 9/20
8:00 PM
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Located in Fernandina's Historic District since 1996, Le Clos serves delicious Provençal dishes by candlelight in a charming, intimate 1906 cottage. Chef/Owner Katherine Ewing received full degrees in both cuisine and pastry from Le Cordon Bleu and L'Ecole de Gastronomie Francaise Ritz-Escoffier, Paris, and trained at the Ritz Hotel, Paris, France. The menu items at Le Clos are prepared carefully and presented beautifully with an emphasis on local fresh seafood. The eclectic wine list offers the perfect accompaniment for every menu selection. Attire is resort casual.
Reviewed August 13, 2019 via mobile

My wife and I were visiting Amelia Island and wanted an upper scale (but not mega-bucks) place for dinner. Quiet, refined and with great food and a nice selection of wines. We were not disappointed.

The menu was a diverse selection of entrees - shrimp, scallops, salmon, pork tenderloin, steak, duck ... I had the duck. Amazing is the only way to describe it. Cooked perfectly medium rare and served with mushrooms, a ginger soy reduction, garden vegetables and chive whipped potatoes. My wife had the roasted North Atlantic salmon served in a (mild) garlic cream of shallots, Sun-dried tomato and spinach. Also with whipped chive potatoes. Both delicious and cooked to perfection.

I had the duck with Tribute cab (Sonoma). The cab worked with the duck because Sonoma cabs drink more like a gentle Merlot, yet with more complexity. A good Pinot Noir would have also been nice I think. (They had a Ron Rubin Russian River Valley Pinot that looked nice.)

My wife had the King Estate Pinot Gris (Williamette Valley) with her salmon and cream sauce. The choice worked well for her, but I would have chosen a more substantial Chardonnay.

Meals ranged from $20-30 and single glasses of wine from $8.50-$15, although most were about $10.00. So really, the food and drink are most reasonably priced and the quality outstanding.

If I lived in Fernandina Beach, I would go back and try everything. You should also.

Date of visit: August 2019
1  Thank N9246ECmarkc
Write a reviewReviews (896)

Reviewed August 7, 2019

My husband and I had dinner at Le Clos, not really knowing what to expect. We were delighted with the food, it's presentation, the restaurant's atmosphere, and the impeccable service. It was a delightful evening. We will certainly return.

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed July 17, 2019

Le Clos came highly recommended for a special occassion. When making the reservation and asking about the noise level we were told to come early, which we did. After an hour we could hear the daily specials being shared by the hostess way across the room.The pate was excellent. I was not asked to what degree of donenessI wanted my salmon cooked. That surprised me from what was classified as an upscale restaurant.

Date of visit: June 2019
Reviewed July 10, 2019 via mobile

We had a great date night dining in the garden. Everything from the escargot to the homemade ice cream was perfect!

Date of visit: July 2019
Reviewed July 6, 2019 via mobile

Had the most amazing dinner here! Katrice and Misty were fantastic and so welcoming. Will definitely go again!

Date of visit: July 2019