“A pleasant surprise!”

Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Jacksonville, Florida
“A pleasant surprise!”
Reviewed August 30, 2014 via mobile

I trusted TripAdvisor and went to this restaurant because it was ranked #1 in Fernandina Beach. At first, I thought what a small place but the initial contact with staff was very pleasant and that put us at ease. Then Ms. Julie came to the table and we knew we were in good hands. Manager/Sommelier, she knew her facility. Even overhearing my initial taste of a wine, she came back with a fresh bottle, took my glass away and said the first glass was bad...thank you and nice touch. The Grouper special that night was perfect. I would totally recommend dinner here. Note though that parking could be a challenge...worth it though!

3 Thank TRM59

Pensacola, Florida, United States
“Memories of Paris”
Reviewed August 22, 2014

My hubby and I recently went there for our 1st anniversary dinner and thoroughly enjoyed our experience. The service was impeccable and the food was exquisite. To begin our meal, we selected escargot in a parsley & garlic butter served with crusty baguette. They weren't quite as large as those we had in Paris but tasted just as good. For our entrees, I selected the pan seared diver scallops and my hubby selected the sauteed shrimp. Both were wonderful but the scallops were out of this world. We definitely give it two thumbs up!

• Visited August 2014
4 Thank Beverly W
Atlanta, Georgia
“Compliments to the Chef and Staff!”
Reviewed August 18, 2014

The food here was just amazing...I had the lamb and ordered the 'grouper' to go... And the mashed potatoes were like heaven.

The food was great and the staff made the experience even more enjoyable. I highly recommend this restaurant and we'll be back again.

We just moved here 30-days ago after making numerous trips here... And since we've been here, we've been hitting up restaurants each day for lunch/dinner. So far, this place ranks #1 in my book and we've eaten at over 20 places since being here... Don't know how I missed this place on the previous visits!

Visited August 2014
4 Thank Cartess3
hmseminole
“Fabulous”
Reviewed August 17, 2014

This place is excellent and the best restaurant on the island. We had the grouper special, scallops and tuna and all were excellent. The wine list specials are top notch and the service is outstanding. It is also very reasonably priced for such fine cuisine. The chocolate cake is a must.

• Visited August 2014
3 Thank hmseminole
Florida
“Really?”
Reviewed August 16, 2014 via mobile

So the warm goat salad was dry, the meat loaf was tasteless and the service was SLOW. What's #1 about that? Nice atmosphere, friendly enough server but very slow. We ordered straight from menu nothing different. Wasn't as booked as they tried to project. Will try somewhere else next time