“Outstanding service and food.”
Review of Le Clos

Le Clos
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 18, 2014

Gourmet French food in a friendly atmosphere. Relaxing and efficient service. Remember to leave room for their delicious desserts. Highly recommend!!

Reviewed May 17, 2014

Went to the restaurant in the late afternoon and met a very nice staff member just arriving - explained we had just come in by boat - they couldn't have been more accommodating. We had the general manager as our server and she was into boats , good food, and wine. Overall a fun meal with a diversified menu (not just the standard fish with a few cuts of beef thrown in) and reasonable wines.

Reviewed May 16, 2014

I was honestly a bit reluctant about going to Le Clos, as the menu did not call to me. But I was wrong, as this was the best meal we had in Fernandina Beach.

The restaurant is small and can be noisy when full. (See photo of interior), That is the only negative I can find.

Service is exceptional. That is not something I say lightly or often. Servers are very knowledgeable about the food and wines. They also work as a team in a way I have never seen in a restaurant. They help each other. They all take orders, serve diners and do bus service. I have never seen such coordination. Perhaps because they are all women and adults makes that possible. I wish more restaurants could work this way.

The food was beyond what I anticipated. My wife had the meatloaf (I know that sounds dull, but it was a beef and duck mix) and it was not like any meatloaf we ever had.

Having never had grouper I got their special. It was described as baked so I was skeptical. I am very critical about fish as many restaurants overcook it. This grouper was cooked at a level I couldn't imagine. It had a very crispy crunchy crust, while the fish was moist and perfectly cooked. (See Photo) One of the best fish entrees I have ever had, anywhere.

Reviewed May 12, 2014

This place has it all - excellent food: my wife and I both had the Grouper (I ordered the pork shank and, since our server, who is an owner, did not know this for 15-20 minutes she gave us a calamari appetizer on the house. A very nice gesture), which was tremendous. The service, as I mentioned, was professional, friendly, and very efficient. The restaurant itself is not too large; cozy in fact. We sat at a outside table and were very comfortable. Le Clos deserves its high rating.

Reviewed May 10, 2014

The food is always outstanding only to be out done by the friendly staff - our only regret is when the last bite is finished we want to begin all over again - this is the kind of food and service every high end restaurant should consistently offer but only Le Clos CONSISTENTLY hits the mark!