“Totally and uniquely superb!”
Review of Le Clos

Le Clos
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Leesburg, Virginia
“Totally and uniquely superb!”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Amelia Island is a special place offering many little secrets to the discriminating visitors. Le Clos is one of the best of all. When on the Island on pleasure or business this is a restaurant to visit. Chef/Owner Katherine Ewing is an exceptional creative culinary artist which will never let down anyone' expectations. The ambience is perfect for any occasions. A Provence style cottage transported in the heart of the Island, with an impeccable, attentive, and professional service. When making reservation, a must when dining at Le Clos, be sure you experience the graceful attention of Ms.Julie or Ms.Stephanie. The food selection, which always includes fresh catch of the day, list also their signature appetizer of escargot prepared in the Provençal manner. Their wine list is also very good and includes a selection of excellent Italian, French and other imports. Do not hesitate at dessert time and indulge in their chocolate cake, and a cup of coffee, dare an "espresso" it will make the dining experience truly a memorable one!

3 Thank Alan C

Beaver Falls, Pennsylvania, United States
“The Best!”
Reviewed August 23, 2013

My husband and I visited this restaurant during our honeymoon on Amelia Island. The service and the food were both fantastic! We were served by the restaurant manager, Julie, who was extremely warm and accommodating. My husband and I each had a salad, followed by scallops for me and fresh grouper for him. I don't know which was better! The scallops were divine and the grouper was melt-in-your-mouth status. We finished our evening by sharing the creme brulee, which was also delicious. To top it off, Julie informed us that our salads and dessert were on the house, congratulating us on our recent marriage. Definitely a must-eat for anyone visiting Amelia!

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank Molly B
“Exquisite find-- charming atmosphere and excellent meal!”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

My husband and i are in Amelia Island on a second honeymoon celebrating our newly aquired status as "empty nesters"!
We have been charmed by this place which is new to both of us. Our biggest surprise is the high quality of its restaurants and Le Clos is no exception. From the minute you walk in you know you are in for a great experience. The decor is charming -- country french-- and the food is classically prepared and beautifully presented. The staff is great-- friendly, competent, intelligent. Great wine list too. You wont go wrong choosing Le Clos.

3 Thank Werenotinkansasanymore
palm coast, FL
“Great anniversary dinner.”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Lovely dinner and great service. Love supporting local restaurants and this one is a gem! Make sure you make a reservation as it is small and fully booked many nights.

2 Thank ldhager
“Perfection in Fernandina!”
Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

Le Clos never disappoints. We have now been around 10 times and the consistently delicious cuisine is perfection each and every time. Going on Saturday night is always a treat as restruant always fills up so make reservations as the small quaint yellow house of a restruant will be full. The wine list is relatively small but covers a good range as well as quality. The wife had a wonderful moscato recommended by Barbara who was amazing and attentive offering wonderful customer service. I cannot speak for all the appetizers but the escargot is simply divine and then you have the bread to 'sop' in such a wonderful garlic butter concoction that makes me tingle with giddiness. The menu is simple and I believe that is why Le Clos is consistent perfection. I had the tuna grilled and it melted in my mouth....wow. My wife had the pork tenderloin and it was also yummy. Also, my wife's birthday was Sunday and Le Clos is not opened Sundays so they brought my wife a piece of chocolate cake to share that was brought warm with ice cream and homemade caramel topping....OMG so good. IMO, the best restruant on the island. Enjoy!!!

2 Thank Bandit2118