“Excellent Experience”

Espana Restaurant & Tapas
Reserve with OpenTable
Espana Restaurant & Tapas is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Portuguese, Spanish
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Centre Street
Description: The traditional flavors of Spain and Portugal are highlighted in all our dishes here in the heart of historic Fernandina Beach. Sip on homemade Sangria or enjoy a glass of wine from a list of hand picked selections (International and Californian). Choose from a menu of hot and cold tapas, "just caught" fish or meat entrees including the national dish of Spain, Paella. You can choose to dine in our cozy main dining room, bright enclosed patio dining room or lush garden dining area which is open generally Thursday - Sunday and weather permitting :) Chef Roberto is a second generation restaurateur, with over 28 years experience. He endeavors to make your evening a memorable one by bringing both his own family recipes, and inspiration from trips to Spain and Portugal for you to savor and enjoy. Family owned and operated since 2004. The Original on Amelia Island!
Reviewed July 29, 2014

First of all definitely get reservations, call ahead. The dishes are amazing, and very fresh I got the special cobia it was perfect, the wine was wonderful, and the waiter was great. We will be back to try more dishes next time.

1  Thank Kelly K

996 - 1,000 of 1,625 reviews

Reviewed July 28, 2014

Decided to try this restaurant based on other reviews and it was AWESOME! We shared a salad and then the seafood paella for two. Oh my! It was fresh and delicious! We asked that the squid be omitted and it was not a problem. We enjoyed sitting outside in the courtyard also. Get there early, there was quite a waiting line when we left.

Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

Celebrated our anniversary at Espana and the food was great, service exceptional and atmosphere pleasing. Enjoyed the Seafood Pallea and had a great bottle of wine.

Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

We had dinner here last night as part of a group. They were busy and did a good job with a large group. This is not anywhere I would have picked on my own because I am not a lover of Spanish or Portuguese food. Truly, the food was, overall, better than I expected. The sangria was nice- not to I sweet. The tapas was good- nothing too spicy or over the top. The paella (we sampled a couple) was good. The seafood in everything was very fresh.

1  Thank Penn B
Reviewed July 24, 2014

My wife and I visited this restaurant on a Tuesday night after reading reviews. The special on Tuesday was red snapper. My wife had the grouper and I tried the snapper special. Both dishes were excellent. The cream sauce on the snapper was delicious. Many of their dishes can be prepared gluten free which is a real plus for me. They also served "house made" sangria which was also excellent. I would highly recommend this restaurant to both family and friends

1  Thank Steve T