“Fish Stew Supreme!”

Espana Restaurant & Tapas
Reserve with OpenTable
Espana Restaurant & Tapas is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Portuguese, Spanish
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Centre Street
Description: The traditional flavors of Spain and Portugal are highlighted in all our dishes here in the heart of historic Fernandina Beach. Sip on homemade Sangria or enjoy a glass of wine from a list of hand picked selections (International and Californian). Choose from a menu of hot and cold tapas, "just caught" fish or meat entrees including the national dish of Spain, Paella. You can choose to dine in our cozy main dining room, bright enclosed patio dining room or lush garden dining area which is open generally Thursday - Sunday and weather permitting :) Chef Roberto is a second generation restaurateur, with over 28 years experience. He endeavors to make your evening a memorable one by bringing both his own family recipes, and inspiration from trips to Spain and Portugal for you to savor and enjoy. Family owned and operated since 2004. The Original on Amelia Island!
Amelia Island, Fl
“Fish Stew Supreme!”
Reviewed January 13, 2014

Recently dined there with my daughter and son-in-law. One of there favorite places. I am not big on Tapas but was absolutely delighted at the food. I shared a Fish Stew with my son-in-law and fought him all the way to soak up the bottom of the pot. Absolutely Supreme. Great selection of wines.

• Visited December 2013
Espana F, Owner at Espana Restaurant & Tapas, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Thank you so much for your kind words. This is a very traditional recipe from Portugal that I have spiced up a bit and have enjoyed making for over 2 decades. It brings me back to my roots and the many meals shared with my family. It seems your family is not much different than mine, because we fight over the last bit of flavorful broth at the bottom, too! I am so pleased you enjoyed it!

*** Gracias, Obrigado ***

Cooper City, Florida
“Charming and romantic hidden gem with top-notch food”
Reviewed January 12, 2014

I find myself using the word "charming", as I describe Fernandina Beach, and the places I visited there. This hidden gem is no exception. We did a one night stop-over on the way to Savannah, and regretted not staying two nights. A return trip is very much in order, and we will certainly dine at España again!

We started with a few small plates (tapas), every one of which was delicious. Our entree' was paella, cooked to order, and it was absolutely delicious. I look forward to exploring the menu further. Service was top-notch as well.

• Visited November 2013
We thank our lucky stars the day we discovered Amelia Island 12 years ago. We whole-heartedly agree this is an almost magical place.

Please know we value your complimentary review and are so very pleased you enjoyed your meal, the evening and your time here. We hope to see you next time your travels bring you back to Amelia.

*** Gracias! ***
Atlanta, Georgia
“Back Again”
Reviewed January 9, 2014

Visited in July and thought we'd try again. Last time I complained about the banging kitchen door and the bread, the door is now quiet and I could not stop eating the bread. Once again, make a reservation, no wait. Had a bottle of wonderful Rioja to go with some tapas specials, eggplant something that was fab o and the Mediterraneo, like a caprese salad. Wife and I split the paella Valencia, big enough for both; never heard of white beans in paella, but was great. The entire staff was a bunch of nice folks...

• Visited December 2013
Espana F, Front Office Manager at Espana Restaurant & Tapas, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
We sincerely appreciate your returning and giving us a shot at redemption.........please know we take these comments very seriously. We feel Tripadvisor is a great tool for you as well as for the owners. We strive to make every meal an enjoyable one and every evening memorable. We value your patronage, especially since there are many other fantastic dining options in our small little slice of heaven.

** Gracias! ***
Fernandina Beach, Florida
“The best on the island! Consistently good food and friendly atmosphere”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Roberto is the owner and chef at this charming restaurant on Amelia Island. He is very talented and the tapas are great. His specials are always wonderful and the Sangria is very good too. I can not say enough about this quaint restaurant ...wonderful food, ambiance , and service!

• Visited December 2013
Espana F, General Manager at Espana Restaurant & Tapas, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know about your evening at España! We are so excited to be entering our 10th year on the Island. Seems like yesterday we were planning our menu, hiring staff, deciding on a logo and getting all the logistics of opening a business down. We sincerely appreciate your patronage and hope we have made some lasting memories for our friends and customers.

*** Gracias ***
Baxley, Georgia
“Good Food, Boring Atmosphere”
Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

The tapas my fiancé and I tried were great and the sea bass was wonderful, the servers were great and very helpful too. However, the crowd was rather dull...

Visited January 2014
Espana F, Owner at Espana Restaurant & Tapas, responded to this review, January 5, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know about your evening at España. If at anytime you would like to be moved to another table, either in the garden dining room or to the bar, you just need to ask and we will always try to accommodate.

We hope to see you again and improve on your experience.

Happy 2014!