“Great dining experience”

Espana Restaurant & Tapas
Reserve with OpenTable
Espana Restaurant & Tapas is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Portuguese, Spanish
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Centre Street
Description: The traditional flavors of Spain and Portugal are highlighted in all our dishes here in the heart of historic Fernandina Beach. Sip on homemade Sangria or enjoy a glass of wine from a list of hand picked selections (International and Californian). Choose from a menu of hot and cold tapas, "just caught" fish or meat entrees including the national dish of Spain, Paella. You can choose to dine in our cozy main dining room, bright enclosed patio dining room or lush garden dining area which is open generally Thursday - Sunday and weather permitting :) Chef Roberto is a second generation restaurateur, with over 28 years experience. He endeavors to make your evening a memorable one by bringing both his own family recipes, and inspiration from trips to Spain and Portugal for you to savor and enjoy. Family owned and operated since 2004. The Original on Amelia Island!
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We sat in the back garden area. A beautiful garden made for a pleasant dining experience. We shared a couple of small plates. We really enjoyed the fried eggplant . My wife and I shared a seafood/chicken paella and the spicy grouper. They were both excellent. I really enjoyed the grouper. The service was great. Overall it was a great dining experience.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,756)

Reviewed July 7, 2013

So my wife and I went on Sunday, a couple of logistical items first; place is small so make a reservation, and don' t wait, also, don't get an interior table near the wall, the kitchen door bangs and was annoying me. Okay, I did not like the bread, but my wife reminded me it was like we had in Barcelona in May, so move on.My wife had some Tapas which she likes; I had the escargot in a cream sauce, luv it. Highlight of dinner was the pork and clams, unusual combination(maybe), but unbelievable. The dish has some Catalonia and Moroccan flavors, could not get enough, please try if you go...

Reviewed July 7, 2013

Espana had a great atmosphere but everything we ordered was not very impressive except for the paella. The assorted cheese and sausage/ham was a disgrace. Like it came out of a package. We kept on comparing to the Barcelona restaurants in NY and CT, the Spanish tapas chain, which far exceeds in taste and quality. If Espana was rated #1 in Amelia Is. on Trip Advisor, we are afraid to try the others.

1  Thank Rits2211
Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

We were given three restaurants by a local to choose from and decided we wanted paella so we settled on Espana. What a great recommendation!!! This place was cozy, clean and Joel, our waiter was fantastic. We stated with escargot and drunken clams that were excellent. We then moved onto Portuguese stew who's was out of this world! I cannot wait to go back with friends and family to share this little gem. I very highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

I loved this restaurant that we went twice! The first night we had the white sangria, a salad and the Portuguese fisherman's stew. It was so delicious! It comes out in the pot that it was cooked in and is still bubbling. The flavors were outstanding. The next time we had the fried calamari and the shrimp with piri piri sauce. We had the seafood paella which was excellent. We mixed a bit of the piri piri sauce into the paella and it was wonderful. Service is excellent. This place is popular so make a reservation and you can thank me later.