“WONDERFUL”

Espana Restaurant & Tapas
Reserve with OpenTable
Espana Restaurant & Tapas is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Portuguese, Spanish
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Centre Street
Description: The traditional flavors of Spain and Portugal are highlighted in all our dishes here in the heart of historic Fernandina Beach. Sip on homemade Sangria or enjoy a glass of wine from a list of hand picked selections (International and Californian). Choose from a menu of hot and cold tapas, "just caught" fish or meat entrees including the national dish of Spain, Paella. You can choose to dine in our cozy main dining room, bright enclosed patio dining room or lush garden dining area which is open generally Thursday - Sunday and weather permitting :) Chef Roberto is a second generation restaurateur, with over 28 years experience. He endeavors to make your evening a memorable one by bringing both his own family recipes, and inspiration from trips to Spain and Portugal for you to savor and enjoy. Family owned and operated since 2004. The Original on Amelia Island!
Mathews, Va
“WONDERFUL”
Reviewed September 5, 2012

Small, intimate restaurant with wonderful staff, food and wine. Reservations a must. My husband and I decided to share a few tapas plates and then share an entree. The only reason for doing this was to savor as many different dishes and flavors as possible and though we felt slightly embarrassed for ordering this way, our server put us at ease. The food here is truly Spanish and that is to say very flavorful and the portions were ample, so much so that we were unable to finish the huge double pork chop which was our entree. The wine selection made us think we were back in Barcelona and we left sated and happy.

• Visited August 2012

Rehoboth Beach, Delaware
“Tucked Away Tapas Delight”
Reviewed September 2, 2012

Went here on the recommendation of our innkeepers.This place did not disappoint. Absolutely outstanding food, marvelously prepared, and full of authentic flavors. Enjoyed scallops in green sauce, mussels, and shrimp (in pepper sauce). Would recommend highly.

Visited August 2012
Florida
“Food was better; staff unprofessional”
Reviewed September 1, 2012

In the past, I have had good and bad experiences here. It's not bad- it's just not great for the price. The servers are hit or miss. ON a previous time, everyone in our party had their credit cards overcharged. On this occasion, our house guest chose Espana because she loves Paella. The paella was okay. There were 3 of us and we split the 'small' Paella (about $23). We also shared a salad and 3 tapas. Of all items, the most tasty ones items were the salad and the portabello mushroom and the sangria is decent. Server was friendly.

My main issue with this experience is the manager/host. As we were coming in the door, I tripped on their door way & stumbled forward (you have to step up). Fine, that was my fault, however as I picked myself up, I looked up to see the 2 people standing right in front of me at the hostess station laughing! They didn't ask me if I was okay, they didn't offer a hand to help me up- nothing. Just stood there laughing. My husband helped me up and asked if I was okay. Finally, they stopped laughing and asked if we had reservations. It was extremely unprofessional and rude. I wanted to turn and walk out, but didn't want to disappoint our house guest. I understand sometimes things are funny- my husband even laughed but he also offered to help me up. You should always act concerned for your customer! After having mediocre food in the past, being overcharged and now this- that's the third strike. This place won't get my business again. There are too many other fine places to eat.

• Visited August 2012
Gainesville, Florida
“Cozy and Delicious”
Reviewed August 31, 2012

I've been here twice, and the atmosphere is warm and intimate, but still a great place for a small group. The first time, I had a very light seafood dish - fish topped with stewed cherry tomatoes - something so simple, but it was full of so much flavor. Other delicious items: the bread they serve each table, their house sangria and any of the Paella dishes.

• Visited June 2012
St. Pete Beach, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Espana”
Reviewed August 30, 2012

The food was excellent - I wish we had larger appetites and could have sampled more of the tapas. I will definitely be back.

Visited August 2012