“A fun place with great food!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Happy Tomato Cafe

Happy Tomato Cafe
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Barbecue
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
bismarck nd
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A fun place with great food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2010

This was a wonderful outdoor casual dining experience with great food and friendly staff. I had The Max - a pulled pork sandwich with pimento cheese on wheat bread. Great light smoked pork that was very lean, and homemade BBQ sauce served on the side. My wife had a salad with smoked chicken breast, which was also very good. The homemade honey mustard dressing was a very nice addition. My only suggestion would be that they use real silverware instead of plasticware. Real silverware would compliment the great food. Note to chef: Your neighbors at 29 South have liver and onions on their menu : )

Augusta,Ga
“Great place for lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2009

great place for a sandwich. Nice outside atmosphere

carolinas
“Yummie BBQ!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2009

Wow, this place was a find. Happy Tomato is tucked away and can be a bit tough to find, but once you are there you will not be disapointed with the BBQ. Being from NC we have our fair share of BBQ around here and this place is a good as it gets. I had the BBQ pork plate with slaw and beans. I left full and happy.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
autumnleaf30
“Best lunch on vacation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2009

My family and I voted, Happy Tomato Cafe was the best lunch we had while on vacation.

I had the chicken salad sandwich, which was by far the best chicken salad I've ever had. The kids had a ham sandwich and the blt.

The service was wonderful and the atmosphere was tip-top.

Florida
“Excellent BBQ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2009

We ate lunch today at Happy Tomato Cafe based on the reviews from this website and it excellent. My husband and I both got the BBQ Pork Sandwiches with Sweet BBQ sauce and we both really enjoyed our sandwiches. We sat outside in the courtyard and although it was really hot today it was still enjoyable because there is plenty of shade. I also had a cookie which I was going to share with my daughter back at our condo but before I knew it I had eaten the whole thing. I hope to go back and get another cookie before we leave.