“Decent food, great atmosphere”
Review of Happy Tomato Cafe

Happy Tomato Cafe
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Takeout
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Decent food, great atmosphere”
Reviewed June 3, 2014

First, let me begin by saying that I do not eat meat. So why would I choose a place that specializes in BBQ? My family are big fans of BBQ and I was happy to see vegetarian/vegan options on their menu. I ordered the tofu wrap which was good. It was a cold wrap, which I think I would do differently in my own home, but it was okay and hit the spot. My mom and aunt ordered a chicken salad sandwich along with potato salad. They were very happy with their selections. I found the coleslaw to be too sweet and passed it over to the others to share. All in all, it was a good experience. They have a wonderful little courtyard out back where you can sit in the shade and enjoy your food.

Fernandina Beach, Florida
“happy happy happy”
Reviewed June 3, 2014

I live on the island so I eat here a lot. Richard & Billy put out some great food.the service is outstanding! try there chickin salad its the best. the muster bbq sauce is great. I would rate it a 10 fir the food& service

Winter Park, Florida
“Simple and Delicious BBQ!”
Reviewed June 3, 2014

I've had lunch at the Happy Tomato many times and it never disappoints me! The staff is always very friendly and will happily answer any questions you have about the menu. The pulled pork is my favorite! They have a few different sauces to choose from (they're all good!) and the food comes out fast and hot! I highly recommend this place to anyone looking for a casual, well-priced and tasty BBQ experience!

Orlando, Florida
“Too Hot to Handle”
Reviewed June 1, 2014

We had lunch the Tuesday after Memorial Day. They were closed for the holiday. I ordered the chicken and ribs combo. The food came out with two slices of plain white bread on top. Upon trying to pick up my ribs, I scorched my fingers. I tried using the plastic knife and fork but gave up. Ok I'll try the chicken. Pretty hot too. There was a pile of dill pickle chips and the juice didn't cool the food off. Ok so I'll eat the sides, now they were very good. I had read this was a great BBQ spot so here we are. I must say I was very disappointed and when I return to Amelia Island I will not be coming back for seconds.

Orlando, Florida
“Not good...”
Reviewed May 31, 2014

I'm being kind giving this BBQ place an average rating. When the sides are better than the actual BBQ you know you're in trouble. The beef ribs were tough and the pulled pork dry. My suspicion was the ribs and pork probably were made, refrigerated and reheated in a microwave before being served. I did not ask so this is just my opinion. The bright spot was the baked beans and potato salad were very good. The service was good also. I cannot recommend this BBQ restaurant.