“Great lunch!”
Review of Happy Tomato Cafe

Happy Tomato Cafe
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Saint Charles, Missouri
“Great lunch!”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Wife and I were walking around the historic district and stopped here for lunch. The food was great - pulled pork sandwich with spicy bbq sauce for me and a veggie sandwich for my wife. Both were very tasty! And the staff was super friendly. Very cool atmosphere. Check it out!!!

Charleston, South Carolina
“The Pimento Cheese is Incredible”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

First off, they can close as early as they want, so make sure you go early enough if you really want to experience it. It says (Until 5:30ish) and we got there at 4:05. They served us and then closed.

But we're really glad they did serve us, because it was fantastic! I got "The Max" which is a pulled pork sandwich with Pimento Cheese. It was awesome. I asked about the cheese later and was told it was made fresh in the back!
My wife got a chicken salad sandwich which was also top notch.

The atmosphere is also great. It's in a wonderful little courtyard which is perfect for relaxing and soaking up the island weather.
Perfect place for lunch!

• Visited March 2013
Colorado/Amelia Island, Fla
“I love this place-dog friendly.”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

It has great sandwiches, cold beer and a friendly smile....named Esmeralda. My dogs are welcomed on their outside deck.

Visited March 2013
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
“Happy Tomato is Must for Fernandino Visit”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

One of my wife's very favorite resturants. We are great fans of their Pimento Cheese sandwitch. The Chicken Salad is also a favorite. We always get the half and half and it never fails to please. Small quaint setting that provides generous servings at good prices.

Visited March 2013
Jacksonville, Florida
“Courtyard Dining”
Reviewed February 27, 2013

My wife & daughter took me there on a Saturday. Counter ordered Food was correct & delivered to our table. Pleasant day in a pleasant courtyard. Would not attempt this in extreme weather. My daughter had a grilled chicken salad, my wife had the pulled pork sandwich (both rated their selections very good). I had chicken & ribs, not my style of bbq but was good and the portion was large. The mustard base beans were very good. The red skin potato salad looked odd but was very tasty. My daughter didn't want to leave w/o a cookie for dessert. We will return and I will try a different menu item(s).

• Visited February 2013