“rude hostess/owner”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery
Canton, GA
“rude hostess/owner”
Reviewed March 16, 2010

My husband and I were visiting Fernandina a few years ago. We'll never forget the sheer rudeness (not really severe enough word) of the hostess (later to find out that she is the owner). After the lunch rush (around 1:30), when we first walked in, we asked for non-smoking. We were told there'd be a 1/2 hour wait. Then a couple came in behind us; the hostess/owner pushed past us and told them to follow her for a table. I spoke up and said, "Wait a second, I thought the wait was 1/2 hour; we'll take that table rather than wait 1/2 hour". She said, "No, you said you wanted non-smoking, so you'll have to wait. i said, "No, we'll take that table instead rather than wait". She said, "No, you said you wanted non-smoking, so you'll have to wait." Flabbergasted, I asked to see the owner and she said, "I am the owner, and you will have to leave my restaurant!" My husband and I left totally stunned at our being thrown out of the restaurant! Needless to say, WE WOULD NEVER TRY TO EAT AT MARINA'S AGAIN!" After reading some of the other reviews, I believe we have made a wise decision.

Ocala, FL
“Overpriced”
Reviewed March 12, 2010

We decided to try out this place for dinner. I read that this was the oldest restaurant on the island and had won a bunch of local awards. I ordered the fish & shrimp dinner, which I enjoyed very much. My plate was overflowing with fresh shrimp and succulent flounder. I was very pleased. My boyfriend ordered the chicken fried steak and grits. The grits were not very good, but everything else was. The service was friendly considering we were one of the last customers for the night. It is a little pricey, but definetely quality.

Florida
“Meh...”
Reviewed March 1, 2010

I will admit that I never had much of an incentive to dine here. Finally went with friends who are regulars. The service was okay, got the crab dip and crackers, so my friends must be worthy. The food wasn't remarkable, but neither was it bad. Service was adequate, but again, nothing beyond the basics.
I did think it was overpriced. And they probably could lose the paper placemats with the advertising...

Atlanta, Georgia
“We had a nice meal”
Reviewed February 9, 2010

Our daughter and her husband who were in the area on business joined us for dinner. We all enjoyed our meal. One person had the seafood sampler and others the fresh friend shrimp and fish combo platter. The fresh shrimp was delicious.

Jacksonville, Florida
“Always a winner”
Reviewed October 10, 2009

Step back in time to a true old-fashioned southern "diner". You'll be called "Sugar", or "Darhlin" at least twice while there. Your arteries will harden with the fried anything they serve, but what a way to go!! I'll hushpuppy myself right on to that great fishin ground in the sky.

Try the daily special for variety but don't miss the desserts. And grab a large sweet tea to go! Remember, Auntie C said so....