“Edible but ordinary” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Marina Seafood Restaurant

Marina Seafood Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Dining on a budget, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Cross Lanes, West Virginia, United States
“Edible but ordinary”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

We ordered carry out from the Marina Restaurant. The crab cakes were heavily breaded and deep fried with no lump crabmeat. Fried shrimp was okay. Crinkle cut fries were not worth the calories. Salad was iceberg lettuce. We ordered the crab dip but they substituted it with a cheese spread that tasted like Cheese Whiz. They did not charge for this though. Hush puppies were tasty.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Boynton beach, fl
“excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

Food was delicious and had very good service, nice waitress. Husband and I shared the fisheman's platter. This wss our second time eating here.

Visited May 2013
Tampa, Florida
“The Best Fish Sandwich”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2013

My husband and I visited Fernandina Beach for the first time on May 30, 2013. After unpacking, we walked around the historic district looking for a place to eat. We didn't have to look far! About a block away from our hotel, we saw the Marina Seafood Restaurant and decided to give it a try. We sat ourselves in a booth and while the waitress got our drinks, we looked at all the interesting objects throughout the room which had a "water/marina" motif.
We both ordered the fish sandwich and fries. The fish was delicious! The huge piece of lightly fried fish lay on top of a fresh toasted roll. Included on the plate was tomato and lettuce. I am a small eater so I ate most of the fish by itself and only nibbled a bit on the roll which was even good by itself and I had to stop myself from eating all of it.. The fish batter was light and flluffy and the fish tasted so fresh and delicious! Accompanying our fish were a lot of lightly fried french fries. The waitress was attentive and checked on us from time to time. I washed my meal down with a Yuengling beer. I hardily recommend this restaurant.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Vista_Sultans
Louisville, Kentucky, United States
“Older place but good!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013

We walked by this place several times before deciding to try it. I'm glad we went in. It's an older restaurant and by all the award and plaques you can tell it's been around for a long time. My husband had fried chicken livers and I had fried shrimp. The food was outstanding. My shrimp was lightly breaded and fried perfect. It was delish! My husband loved the livers and mashed potatoes and gravy. He said it was one of the best meals he hadn't eaten on this trip. We also had key lime pie for dessert. It was good and homemade. The service was great. They were on top of it. My tea glass never got half empty before it was refilled. Everyone made a point of checking on us to see if we needed anything. It was a great dining experience. Don't be afraid to go it because it doesn't look too fancy on the outside but on the inside the food is great and the service is even better!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Kathy L
Lenoir City, Tennessee
“Nice location, good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2013

We had a party of seven in May for seafood, an enjoyable evening in a great location, menu is varied with evening specials, food was very good, all were well satisfied.

Visited May 2013