“So dissappointing”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery
Reviewed July 18, 2012

My sister and I were in Fernandina Beach to celebrate my birthday. After much discussion we decided on the Marina Seafood Restaurant because the little billboard sign they had out front with the specials for the night sounded appetizing - NOT. I ordered the scallop, shrimp and mussels served over angel hair pasta which was overcooked with an awful tomato sauce that drenched the seafood. My sister ordered the T-bone steak with a baked potato, the steak had an odd taste to it and the potato was mushy. I don't know about the other food they offered but I would say, don't waste your time or money to eat here.

Reviewed July 17, 2012

It was so disappointing. The wait staff was less than friendly, the T-bone although properly cooked had an odd after-taste was was poorly seasoned. The mussels were served with what seemed like canned tomatoes thrown over the top with over-cooked pasta. I'm fine with the decor... it's old florida seafood and kitch - but there is no excuse for poor service and even poorer food.

Reviewed July 16, 2012

I thought the price was a little high for the food.

I got the broiled flounder which was good but didn't get wowed.

Reviewed July 10, 2012

It's true what some reviewers said about the shabby decor and broken booth seating. Their criticisms are somewhat unrealistic as the restaurant is a very typical old Florida seafood house. Don't expect anything more. Our waitress was efficient and attentive. The food was well below average, particularly given the rather high prices. I don't know how this restaurant has survived 40+ years. There are much better places to eat in downtown Fernandina.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

we were told to eat here,,, it seemed like just a bad night for the place,, we all have bad days,,, took few minutes to seat, few plus some to get service then they apologies with a food dip,,, thanks,,,,, crab cakes are full of fill, everything is fried to the max. We are from south florida and maybe we should of stuck with a burger.... do not order anything fried here...I did see one couple get up and leave after only a few bites,, they complained and just paid and left,,, i left 1/2 my food, wife same,,, son liked the fried shrimp,,,, i say NO to this place