“Great food -but maybe too fancy for some?”
Review of Plae Restaurant - CLOSED

Plae Restaurant
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: A1A Highway
Description: PLAE Restaurant is Amelia Island's premier dining establishment. Our menu blends eclectic cuisine with artful presentation. Exceptional food and service in a contemporary setting, make this restaurant a must see on your dining agenda.
Reviewed November 5, 2012

My sister, niece, mother and I ate here, and with 3 generations represented, we had a variety of opinons. My sister and I loved the food and the atmosphere, but my 80-yr-old mother found the (very large) plates with small, fancy food presentation a bit too much for her simple tastes. My niece (teenager) also struggled with some of the fancier food on the menu, since she prefers hamburgers and pizza. The restaurant even offers a "chef's surprise" where they don't tell you what you are getting until it arrives! If you enjoy fancy dining and unique food, I recommend this place, but probably best to leave the younger kids (and maybe grandparents), at home. Note, it is also a bit pricey.

2  Thank Lynkla

Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

ordered the beef tenderloin and wasnt expecting that small of a portion. paying all that money and not getting you moneys worth dosnt go over well. the piano man in the corner wasnt very good either

1  Thank GrtXWhtXBuffalo
Reviewed September 28, 2012 via mobile

We were really searching for a gOod restaurant and this is it!
Service is great, food is great and ambience a cut above.
Highly recommend.

Reviewed September 16, 2012

My wife and I are visiting Plae for the second time. Last year during our anniversary Sept. 2011 we dinned at Plae and it was wonderful. Our second time last night was not the same experience. Second anniversary Sept 2012, we arrived on a Sat night and were surprised that it was almost empty. We figured off season. My wife ordered the french onion soup, which was great, I ordered the Lobster bisque which tasted and looked like brown gravy! It did however have generous chunks of lobster in it. My wife ordered a chicken plate that was good and she loved it, I ordered the beef short rib and it was so rubbery if could not be chewed. It was almost like they had rewarmed and recooked it five times throughout the week because of low dinning. It was as dry as the Sahara! The waitress was really nice about it, as I was reluctant to send it back (I hate to do that!)
And no lie...as she took it back, my wife about jumped out of her seat as a cockroach crawled by her into the wall (table 45). Of course we didn't way anything as it would probably just look like we were "that unappeasable couple" and the cockroach did disappear into the wall.
Anyway they took my meal off the check. We ordered a dessert because I felt bad for sending something back even though my wife wanted to leave at that point. It was Choc pound cake, it was good.
Just very disappointed in our second visit on our anniversary. Maybe just bad because of the down season?

Reviewed September 8, 2012 via mobile

We dine here every visit to Amelia and it is the high point of our dining experience. The Menue is varied and interesting. Some of the entrees are expensive, but worth it. This trip we ate off the lower end of the Menue and salmon and ribs averaging $25. Both were excellent. Ribs were the best I've had. The whole tab including wine and dessert was under $100. The peach bread pudding was yummy.