“AMAZING, must go!”

Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: A1A Highway
Description: PLAE Restaurant is Amelia Island's premier dining establishment. Our menu blends eclectic cuisine with artful presentation. Exceptional food and service in a contemporary setting, make this restaurant a must see on your dining agenda.
Reviewed September 6, 2012

This place has awesome food! It is so good. It is located on the plantation so the environment inside and out is superb! If you like extremely good food, and don't mine paying the price for it, then you need to go!

1  Thank CM90

Reviewed September 4, 2012

We came here for an early dinner. We decided to give it another try after a poor meal the last time here.
Food: nothing was outstanding or very memorable. We had a group of four: tuna tartar was obviously premade, not very flavorful and a small portion. Calamari was actually very good. French onion soup average. We also had escargot which was very bland. Two of our party had the portabella burger and the balsamic overwhelmed the entire dish. One of the poorest portabella burgers I've had. Another person had the burger and thought it was okay. I had the spinach salad with duck and there was a piece of Plastic wrap in it. I obviously didn't eat it. Desserts were average.
Service: Excellent . Our server was great and explained all the dishes to us. She also removed the duck salad off the bill once I brought the plastic wrap to her attention.
Atmosphere : well decorated but a strange smell in bar area like stale mildew.
I gave it 3 stars as this is supposed to be apremiere place on Amelia Island. We payed a premiere price but did not get premiere food. There are other places on the island I would go to before returning. I would Rex they lower their prices to match the food , as here you do not get what you pay for

Reviewed August 28, 2012

I was disappointed with our experience at PLAE... the restaurant name and description is misleading to me... I expected a lively, fun environment and it was quite the opposite. It was quiet and dare I say boring. We could hear the piano player from our table and they played mostly slow songs. The food was nothing special and the menu descriptions did not match up to the order. For instance I ordered the cedar planked salmon with caramelized grits... they were out of the cedar planks so I recieved grilled salmon instead and the grits came as a fried grit cake with these little caramelized onions on top that were not fresh. The salads were boring and for the $10 price tag I expected more than a plate of lettuce with a few raisins and apple slices underneath. The only positive was our server, she was sweet, charming and very attentive!

There are better places to eat near the Plantation... including the Verandah and plenty of options in downtown Fernandina.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

A little on the pricey side, but well worth it. The service is great (ask for Courtnay) and the food is excellent. They have a piano player in the bar most nights from 7-11pm who is great. Splurge!

Reviewed August 13, 2012

Ate dinner while away on a business trip in March of 2011 (not 2012 as indicated). Chicken was dry and rubbery, lobster bisque was downright gross. I don't think I will visit again.