“Great location and food”

Brett’s Waterway Cafe
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed May 27, 2018

Waterfront location and wide variety of fresh local seafood make for a pleasant dining experience. Food quality and service are good.

Date of visit: January 2018
1  Thank TeddyS47
Write a ReviewReviews (1,658)

Reviewed May 27, 2018 via mobile

My burger was burned. We waited forever to get our check. I was charged for toppings I didn’t order. I wouldn’t recommend eating here at all. When I mentioned these issues to the manager he was rude and still insisted on charging and additional 20%. I would recommend staying far away from this tourist trap.

Date of visit: May 2018
1  Thank franklinc624
Reviewed May 26, 2018

After having dinner at a nearby restaurant, we decided to go to Brett's Waterway Cafe for a beer and to watch the sunset over the Fernandina Harbor. The bartender was very standoffish and not friendly at all. The sunset was beautiful but you also had a view of a pulp mill. Between the pulp mill smell and the bartender, it was sort of hard to enjoy the sunset.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed May 24, 2018

We stopped for lunch after the Amelia River cruise, and had a great view of the water from inside, they do also have outside seating. We have the best server, Angelica, we shared u-peel local shrimp to start and I had the Snapper special she recommended and I was so happy it was great. My husband had the seafood enchiladas they were loaded with crab and shrimp so good. I had a glass of the red sangria it was the best I have had in a long time real Spanish taste not sweet. It was a wonderful meal! On of the local residents had recommended Brett's to us as well.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed May 20, 2018

Was looking for fresh seafood and/or salad for lunch. Was recommended the buffalo shrimp salad.....SO GOOD! A tad bit "hot" for my taste, but the shrimp are local, wild caught, very big and tasty! The key lime margarita went well with salad. Ate outside near water for a perfect afternoon lunch!

Date of visit: May 2018