“Wonderful outdoor dining, delicious food and ok service!”

Brett’s Waterway Cafe
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed June 29, 2013

I would definitely go back! We enjoyed sitting on the deck watching the sail boats. The food was VERY good but a bit over priced for lunch. The server was not friendly but did a good job. I would recommend it.

1  Thank Megan H
Write a ReviewReviews (1,463)

Reviewed June 25, 2013

Bretts was recommended to us by a shop owner in Fernandina Beach. Te decor is nothing to write home about, but it is located right on the river with lovely views all around. Outside seating is protected by a large porch. My husband and I went there for lunch on a rainy Friday afternoon and were seated immediately. Our waitress was quick and pleasant. We both opted for the special of the day--sea bass with risotto--excellent and reasonably priced at $13.00. Portions were generous and came with a bread basket. I also tried the gazpacho which was a bit salty and spicy for me. My husband's lobster bisque was also quite salty, but delicious. Overall, we were pleasantly surprised that a commercial spot so close to the waterfront would actually have good food. Give it a try.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

The atmosphere here was really nice. We got there and had a thirty minute wait and we killed time outside as well as inside at the bar. The setting was very relaxed for both and the bartenders were very pleasant. The food did not blow us away but it was definitely on par with most tourist seafood restaurants in the area,

Reviewed June 24, 2013

I can only find an “official” site on Face book and a flimsy excuse for no menu. I would think a restaurant that caters to tourists would be run by someone smarter than this. The only thing that comes to mind is “To each their own”. We sat outside and watched boats and people. The waitress was good, entertaining, and kept up with requests. The only thing we ran into was the wait for food was longer than expected. It was piping hot when it came so we surmised the kitchen was at fault, not the waitress. She brought us a couple of little muffins like samples and they were good. I never did figure out if we could buy larger ones. I had three sliders of varying kinds with semi-spicy chips (which were really delicious!), and Mrs. Tek had Shrimp Bisque and a chicken salad (She can’t remember the name of the salad but it was delicious). Both were excellent. We both had lemonade in a tall glass and a shot of vodka was offered as an addition. If it were dinner, not lunch, we may have accepted the offer, but we both declined. The lemonade sans vodka was very good. It had just the right amount of sweet. We can’t remember the name of the very delicious dessert, and won’t because finding a menu for this place is virtually impossible. Their internet presence is feeble at best.

Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

This place was recommended by locals for lunch...the coconut mojito was delicious. appt crab gratin..suberb...the shrimp on the buffalo salad were huge...wonderful dining experience