“Wonderful!!”

Cuisines: Brazilian, Portuguese, Spanish
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Dairy Queen
Description: A welcome escape awaits with every La Mancha's visit. Join us and experience a new era of flavorful food and dining.
Reviewed May 14, 2014

What a treat ! From the moment I walked in - the atmosphere to the service to the incredible food! I had the shrimp and scallop and it was perfect. If you are in this area, make a point to come here you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

We ended up eating here by accident. We wandered in and had a great meal! The service was fantastic and our waiter was very enthusiastic. The Pasta primavera was outstanding, and the alfredo pasta with chicken, mushrooms, and sundried tomatoes was even better! We received a large portion for the price. We also had the house red wine, and it was excellent as well. I am so glad we found this place, and we will definitely be back!

Reviewed May 13, 2014

The food presentation is fantastic and was really good! Sangria was great. Kind of noisy...but enjoyable.

Reviewed May 12, 2014

Ate here on a whim, and recommendation and was very satisfied. The restaurant is casual/comfort, the service was excellent, and so was the food. I had the halibut special and it was perfectly prepared. Just loved it

netto3003, Owner at La Mancha Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2014

Thank you very much for taking time to write your thoughts,we are glad that you enjoyed your time at . La Mancha we are looking foward to personaly serve you and your guests again.

Reviewed May 11, 2014

We were utterly disappointed by La Mancha. Friends of ours have raved about this place.

Did we hit it on the wrong night, get the wrong server, order the wrong dish or what?

LET'S START WITH THE FOOD QUALITY: We ordered the Surf and Turf Special for TWO which consisted of a large ribeye steak, ONLY ONE lobster tail cut in half, plaintains, potatoes, and a very small salad. My first bite of steak was mostly chargrilled fat. So this place does not know how to trim a steak properly. The exterior was very dark black while the inside was very pink. Which means that they use a grill set too high of a temperature to PROPERLY cook a steak to a true medium temp all the way thru. The quality of the meat was so so with more grisle and fat that had no business being on a 65 dollar platter. But we will speak more of the financial rip off in the last paragraph.

The ONE lobster for TWO people was cooked ok. A little dry and over cooked. I noticed that there was no drawn butter nor lemon coming with it though.

The plantains and potatos were ok. Its hard to mess them up.

The salad for TWO was like the lobster. Really a portion for ONE.

THE SERVICE:

Our server was a nice guy and seemed to know his stuff. However when I asked about his favorite thing on the menu, he copped out and said he recommends EVERYTHING. I expect a server to have his own favorites. This tells me that he does not know his own menu. After we placed our order and received our food we were then forgotten about. No steak knives were provided to us until I spent about 10 minutes trying to get someones attention. We were seated in the party room and the two large parties of 8 or more people in the room were getting all the attention. Hence we had to fend for ourselves if we needed anything. The manager did come by to each table and ask how everything was. I was so irritated by that point though that I wanted nothing to do with him. It might have turned into an argument.

THE PRICE:

Well we have already talked about the 65 DOLLAR entree FOR TWO that had single portions and a single lobster. We had three Estrella Beers. Which were excellent. However the price was a whopping 19.95 for three imported beers. Take a look at the retail price online at halftimebeverage dot com. I expect a decent mark up by any restaurant. But not 300 percent. That is rediculous.

The last insult added to our injury was 9.95 for a so so tiramisu that was sold to us as being HOME MADE. Yet it had a very out of the can, you can taste the preservatives type of flavor.

I am still baffled by all the good reviews on this place. As someone who travels all over the world, including to Spain and Portugal, plus having grown up in New Orleans, I may have a higher standard and more knowledge about food than most patrons. However the rave reviews have to be coming forth from people who simply do not know what they are being served.

We had very high hopes for La Mancha as we were patrons at Don Quixote and Espana in downtown Fernandina and LOVED their food and service.

La Mancha was an utter disappointment for us. I truly hope they read this and make adjustments.

2  Thank IronWalt
netto3003, Owner at La Mancha Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2014

netto3003, Owner at La Mancha, responded to this review, may 12, 2014
Thank you for choosing La Mancha restaurant for a special night. We are commited to give the best service we can provide. I carefully read your review and wish you had address to me so the problem could be solved, certainly apologize for the inconvience that you experienced on your visit. We are always working to provide a better service to our guests, and have learned and taken proper measures to ensure that this will not happen again. We would love to have you and your your guest back and will be welcomed with open arms.
Romulo Netto Camargo