“Unique offerings worth the price.”
Review of La Mancha

La Mancha
Reserve with OpenTable
La Mancha is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Brazilian, Portuguese, Spanish
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Dairy Queen
Description: A welcome escape awaits with every La Mancha's visit. Join us and experience a new era of flavorful food and dining
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
“Unique offerings worth the price.”
Reviewed December 10, 2013 via mobile

I haven't had a good paella in a very long time and theirs was terrific, albeit a little long on rice and short on beans. The meats were tender including 2 lamb chops on the bone and the dish was delectably spiced. It was also large, as advertised, and would satisfy two. The house wines were excellent. My husband had the snapper which he thought exceptional. The wait staff was attentive and helpful. There was no warm interaction with the owner seemingly because we had no reservation (on a Monday night...they were not 1/4 full when we left). They could have used candles on the table but then, we weren't seated in the main dining room.

Amelia Island, Florida
“Excellent but Uneven”
Reviewed December 7, 2013

First visit hit a home run, the second was hit and miss. Nice selection of wines at decent prices. Salads are excellent and nicely prepared. The Espada del Rey (King's sword) is amazing: Herb-encrusted jumbo shrimp and Portuguese chorizo, skewered char-grilled on an open flame, served with our homemade potato salad and veggies.

Our party of four enjoyed the food immensely, but.... The issue was ordering two of the same dishes each time which afforded comparison. The ceviche the first time was wonderful made with grouper, not shrimp, which I prefer. The second time it was inedible --even though I ate it all trying to find a tender, not tough morsel, without success. The spices were off, too.

The grilled salmon experience was somewhat similar: nicely done the first time, tasty but dry as in overcooked the second. I note salmon is not on the menu anymore. If you want perfect salmon, go to the Le Clos. The service was also not as attentive on visit #2 as water glasses were left unfilled and we thought the next ice age would come before the credit card was taken.

The bottom line is that La Mancha is a quality restaurant with excellent food and wine. Hopefully the consistency issues will be taken care of to bring a five-star review.

• Visited November 2013
Clearwater, Florida
“Pricey but very good and worth visiting.”
Reviewed December 5, 2013

During our last two stays at the Fernandina Beach Hampton Inn we were pleased to discover La Mancha. Exellent food and service. It's easy to understand why it is rated #1. If you're in the area stop here for dinner. You will not be disappointed. They also have live music on weekends. Very nice Spanish guitar.

• Visited November 2013
Dubuque, Iowa
“Excellent Food and Service”
Reviewed December 4, 2013 via mobile

I enjoyed my first dining experience at La Mancha so much that I returned 2 days later during my 6-day visit to Fernandina Beach. The food was delicious, beautifully prepared and the wine selection was also very good.

The waiters on both nights provided top-notch service. The waiter, Josue, on the first night made excellent tapas and main course recommendations. He made the experience so delightful; his service and great food are reasons why I wanted to return a second time during my trip.

Visited November 2013
Greer, South Carolina
“The Man is cookin' at La Mancha”
Reviewed December 2, 2013

Definitely the best food on Amelia Island and one of our tastiest meals ever. I had the lamb ( to die for) and my wife had the very flavorful paella.
We will be going to see The Man every visit to Amelia and my mouth is watering already in anticipation.

• Visited December 2013