“Great Healthy Island Eatery”

4th Street Deli and Salads
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Birmingham, Alabama
“Great Healthy Island Eatery”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I really enjoyed eating here. The chicken salad was so great and it was just what I needed to fill me up without all of the heavy, greasy feeling. Their desserts are tasty too! We really enjoyed the owner; he's very kind and accommodating.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank MycnTer

Jacksonville, Florida
“Coolest Deli”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

The huz and I were hungry! He wanted to go to Sonny's for bbq. I said no way. Support local businesses. After checking in at the hotel, we walked a little down center st and seen the sign for this deli. Bummer because they ran out of crab cake sandwiches, so I got the half turkey, cheddar on rye/half salad. My huz got the pulled pork, both sandwiches were toasted. Oh man, so good! He said he was glad we didn't go to Sonny's. I was just glad to have yummy food. Both were also affordable too.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank jeepin713
Yulee, Florida
“Lunch, while walking the dogs downtown”
Reviewed May 10, 2013

While walking Espy (Bouvier des Flandres) and Gunner (Rescue/Briard) downtown we decided to try the crab cake sandwich at the 4th St. Deli. It had been recommended to us by one of the downtown merchants. The sandwich was served on a kaiser roll, with romaine lettuce, tomato and a house sauce and a crab cake that filled the roll nicely.

Since the temperature was in the 80's, we did a to-go order. They do have sidewalk tables, but without umbrellas or an awning it was just to hot for the dogs. We took our food around the corner to a bench on Centre St., in the shade of a tree.

On a scale of fair to great the crab cake rated a very good, most of my greats have been in the Chesapeake Bay area. At under $6.00 the value was great. The house sauce was excellent, I will ask for extra next time.

• Visited May 2013