“Fabulous Food”

Joe's 2nd Street Bistro
Cuisines: American, French
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Located in historic downtown Fernandina Beach, Joe's 2nd St. Bistro serves innovative cuisine in a relaxed, island atmosphere. Enjoy fresh seafood specialties in a 1900's home, or outside in a New Orleans inspired Courtyard.
Reviewed September 19, 2013

The service, atmosphere and food were well worth the money. The fish was fresh and cooked to perfection. The shrimp with grits was the best. Do not miss dining at Joe's.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,113)

Reviewed September 13, 2013

Visited on a Sunday Evening and Bistro was not very busy. Food was ok, but our server appeared to have no real interest in providing quality service. She was unsmiling and dour.

Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

Right across the street from the Hampton Inn in the historic Fernandina Beach town, is Joe's, a classy little bistro with incredible food. Don't be thrown by the name, this is one of the best café/bistros we have been to in quite some time. The food is exquisite, the services excellent, and the atmosphere is wonderful. We've always had our favorite restaurants while in Fernandina Beach, but this will become a regular new favorite'

Reviewed September 6, 2013

This place is amazing! The food was great, service was amazing, and the atmosphere was relaxing! Going here, I ate the Filet Mignon Diane and the Clams casino. The clams were a great way to start the meal out.The filet was grilled perfectly to my liking. My server was very knowledgeable about the menu and was extremely attentive. Will Definitely be back when in town!

Reviewed September 4, 2013

My wife, daughter and I ate dinner at Joe's Bistro on our recent vacation, and loved it. The gumbo, as a starter, was good, though a bit too salty. It was the main courses that really shined. I had the port tenderloin, brined in tea and lavender and served with a apple brandy sauce. Though I was a bit concerned about the lavender, I didn't really notice that flavor. The tea brining, and the sauce, was absolutely delicious. And the buttery rich mashed potatoes and seasoned squash accompaniments were excellent as well. My daughter had the shrimp and grits, which I "helped" her eat. Rich grits and tasty shrimp. My wife had fish, which she also enjoyed (I passed on helping her, as I am anti-fish). The dessert, peanut butter cheesecake (they have a specialty cheesecake which changes), was also quite good, though I longed for a nice layer of chocolate ganache on the top. Overall, we were very happy with the food, and the service, and would recommend visiting.