“Tonight's Dinner Fantastic. Couldn't Wait to Give Kudos to Joe's Bistro.”

Joe's 2nd Street Bistro
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Located in historic downtown Fernandina Beach, Joe's 2nd St. Bistro serves innovative cuisine in a relaxed, island atmosphere. Enjoy fresh seafood specialties in a 1900's home, or outside in a New Orleans inspired Courtyard.
Orlando, Florida
“Tonight's Dinner Fantastic. Couldn't Wait to Give Kudos to Joe's Bistro.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013

I booked my group at the wonderful Hampton Inn on 2nd Street in Fernandina Beach, FL. We saw this restaurant across the street so I asked Todd (he is marveous and truly helpful) at the front desk if Joe's would be a nice place for 6 of my group members to dine, he said "absolutely". Well, let me tell you that all we did was rave about our dinner experience. First of all, it was after 8:30 pm and the restaurant was almost full. We were all tired from traveling from all over the U.S. to Jacksonville and the shuttled to Fernandina Beach. They immediately fixed a table for us... with a big welcome and a smile. We were the last to finish eating and never made to feel like the restaurant wanted us to leave so they could close.

Robert came to our table directly to fill our water glasses. I kidded him about making us "great" water. Ice cold and so refreshing. He kept our glasses full throughout our dinner. Laurie was our waitress and what a sweetheart. Her service was exceptional. Our food came out in a very timely manner and hot. Thank you Laurie and Robert.

Now for our entrees: I had the grilled salmon...PERFECT with a sweet/tart topping that I had never tasted before. Truly delicious. Some of my group had the Spaghetti Cabonara with Italian Sausage. They said it was the best they had ever had. The others all felt the same with their entrees. I always like to see if there is a dessert that I've never experienced before...if not, then I skip dessert. Well, I am so glad I asked. Joe's has an Apple Bread Pudding that is moist, warm and wonderful served with vanilla ice cream. Some had a cheesecake with peanut butter and chocolate cake and were delighted. Also, every choice item was served with an inviting presentation.

We are here for another night. It would be hard to beat tonight's dinner at another restaurant. We just may dine again at Joe's before we board our American Cruise Line's Independence on Saturday morning (dock is right across the street from the rear of the hotel).

Believe me! I will never come to Fernandina Beach without staying at the Hampton Inn and having dinner at Joe's 2nd Street Bistro.

Orlando, Florida
“Good atmosphere, service and food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

Enjoyed the garden environment. Service was good and food very good, a little close as far as the seating goes, but still nice.. Try the won-ton appetizer.

Visited April 2013
Chef Ricky P, Owner at Joe's 2nd Street Bistro, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review us. We are glad you had a chance to enjoy our lovely courtyard, without all the rain we have had. It is very relaxing outside. We are glad you enjoyed our creative wine list. We are continually seeking out not only wines that might be well known but unique wines that can enhance not only the food but the experience as well. We look forward to seeing you in the near future.
Fernandina Beach, Florida
“Great Dining Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

My husband and I had a early dinner last evening. We had a table by the window and were able to enjoy the last rays of the sun. I had the BEST shrimp and grits ever..very creamy and buttery..the shrimp were cooked perfectly. My husband had lamb which was done to perfection along with creamy mashed potatoes and tasty veggies. For an app we split an order of clams casino which was very good. To accompany our meal we ordered wine by the glass and ordered a second glass each because it was so tasty. The atmosphere was very nice..white linen, quiet, very good wait staff. This is our first visit under the new ownership and were not disappointed. We found that they are now open for lunch 11 - 2 everday except (I think) Tues. when the rest. is closed. We looked at the menu which has a good variety of selections. We can't wait to go back.

• Visited April 2013
Chef Ricky P, Owner at Joe's 2nd Street Bistro, responded to this review, April 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review us. We are glad you had a great time while dinning with us. We get the grits specifically ground for us. I am happy that you enjoyed us. We are open from 11-3 for lunch and 530 to 930 for dinner. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.
Cocoa, Florida
“Absolutely Awesome!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013

What a great surprise. The new owner has really spiffed up The place and the decor is lovely. The food was even better than when Joe had the restaurant; if that is possible. The chef is fantastic! I had a wonderful fish creation of the day and my husband had the seafood in broth. Yummy, Yummy! Don't miss this one!

Visited March 2013
Thank you for your kind words. We really have a talented culinary staff here at Joe's that care that our guests get a great product as well as a great experience. We look forward to seeing you again at Joe's 2nd Street Bistro.
Los Angeles, California
“Nice ambiance and food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

I had a great experience at Joe's. They were busy and had a full list of reservations, sensing our disappointment they rearranged some tables and were able to squeeze us in. The food was delicious. We had a salad with a lemon thyme dressing that was unique. The fish was excellent. The service was great and the ambiance was perfect. It felt upscale but relaxed and fun. My only con would be the clams casino. It wasn't very good and I wouldn't recommend it. I would eat there again and recommend it if you're in the area.

• Visited April 2013
We are glad we could get you in. Thank you for your kind words about our staff and atmosphere. We try to make it as relaxing as possible for our guests. We look forward to seeing you again next time you are on the Island.