“What a great meal”

Joe's 2nd Street Bistro
Cuisines: American, French
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Located in historic downtown Fernandina Beach, Joe's 2nd St. Bistro serves innovative cuisine in a relaxed, island atmosphere. Enjoy fresh seafood specialties in a 1900's home, or outside in a New Orleans inspired Courtyard.
Reviewed February 23, 2013

We ate at Joe's on a Saturday evening with two other couples. I had the sautéed veal and shrimp, my wife and another lady had the snapper special, one friend had the grouper, etc. The food was excellent, the veal and shrimp dish was simply outstanding! Every one felt the same way about their dish, except for the poor friend who, on Weight Watchers, had to settle for a salad. Her loss! The service was professional, friendly and leisurely. Our server was Beth, very pleasant and attentive. I highly recommend the restaurant, and we will certainly visit again next time in the area.

Chef Ricky P, Owner at Joe's 2nd Street Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

Thank you for giving us a try during your stay on Amelia Island. We are grateful for the kind words. I will defiantly share this with Beth. We are glad that you tried one of our nightly specials as well as some of regular items. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

We had lunch here on a cold Sunday in February. I ordered a half-bowl of gumbo with a salad, and the gumbo was delicious. The other dishes we had -- shrimp and lobster mac & cheese, and the steak salad -- were very good as well. We would recommend this place.

Chef Ricky P, Owner at Joe's 2nd Street Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review us. We are glad you enjoyed some of our lunch items. I am glad you enjoyed the gumbo on a chilly day. It really warms up the soul doesn't it.

Reviewed February 14, 2013

My husband & I decided to go out for Valentine's Day on Feb. 13, to avoid the crowds. We dined at 6:30, which turned out to be a good time, because the restaurant did fill up by 7:30, & become more noisy. Matt was an excellent waiter, explaining things to us patiently, & bringing my husband a scallops entre, even though they weren't on the menu! He also made it possible for us to have the more expensive Chardonnay when we presented a coupon for one glass free, if you buy one. The atmosphere was serene, but fun sitting at a window table. My Mahi Mahi was good, but I would have preferred less breadcrumbs. We both enjoyed the Bistro salad, which Matt split for us. The dessert selection did not tempt us, so we opted to go down the street for an ice cream cone instead! We are looking forward to going back another time for lunch on the patio.

Thank you sharing such a special occasion with us. We are glad Matt took such good care of you. We hope you had a great visit to Amelia Island. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed February 12, 2013

Great food, great service, and now open for lunch! Highly recommended. Beautiful patio for outdoor dining. We stopped in for lunch and were greeted by friendly staff--kudos especially to our server Chris--who made us feel comfortable, welcome and unrushed. No pressure to order right away, but rather welcomed us to enjoy a drink and relax before ordering. Two in our party had salads and were very pleased with the quality, while another ordered the smoked seafood chowder (a special), which was outstanding! Spread the word: Joe's is now open for a highly enjoyable lunch experience as well as for dinner.

Thank you for giving us a try for lunch. It is very relaxing in the courtyard. I am glad it was such a pretty day for you visit. I will share your kind words with our staff and look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

Now open for lunch, we were delighted with the salad choices and courtyard quietude. Looked at the inside dining but our Maine home was in the midst of NEMO and sitting outside in the lovely garden was too much to forgo.

As a retired 4th generation butcher, I've got to note that the Steak Salad was the best I've had on Amelia Island (I've been trying them ALL). The portion size was perfect for lunch without making me ready for an afternoon nap.
Service was attentive without being fawning (thank you Chris).

This is our second year on Amelia and we're pleased to have found yet another star.

Thank you for taking the time to review us and for the kind words. We are glad you had a chance to try some of our new lunch items like the steak salad. I am planning on sharing this with Chris and I know he will be happy that you had such a good time. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Fernandina Beach.