“Great atmosphere”

Joe's 2nd Street Bistro
Cuisines: American, French
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Located in historic downtown Fernandina Beach, Joe's 2nd St. Bistro serves innovative cuisine in a relaxed, island atmosphere. Enjoy fresh seafood specialties in a 1900's home, or outside in a New Orleans inspired Courtyard.
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Nice evening sitting out in the courtyard. The service was fabulous. Food was good but not quite five star.

Chef Ricky P, Owner at Joe's 2nd Street Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

Thank you for taking the time for your feedback. We are glad you enjoyed our courtyard. We have been having great weather here on Amelia Island. We hope to see you next time you are in town.
Mari and Ricky

Write a ReviewReviews (1,039)

Reviewed October 14, 2012

We visited Joe's baed on the high rating on Trip advisor. We were extremely disappointed. It took a solid 35 minutes to get our entrees. The pasta dishes were cold and had to be sent back for reheating. The prime rib was over cooked and two orders had to be sent back. We were told they were at the end of the cut so they didn't have medium or medium rare as our table ordered. They readily admitted they should have told us so we could have ordered something else but didn't. They offered to bring us any steak we chose, but at this point everyone was half way through eating so it was pointless.

3  Thank M S

We are very sorry that you did not get the experience that we strive for here at Joe's. I would like to thank you for sharing it with us so we can make sure that this doesn't happen again for any of our guests. If you would like please contact me so I can thank you personally.
Ricky

Reviewed October 1, 2012

I wish I could give this restaurant more than five stars (circles, whatever). The server (Christopher) was very knowledgeable and friendly. After providing a quick but thorough summary of the menu, he was able to suggest the perfect merlot for my wife. We decided to skip an appetizer in lieu of dessert. Our entrees arrived quickly and perfectly cooked. The filet may have been the best steak I have ever tasted, which is saying a lot. It was wrapped in bacon, topped with three exquisite sauces that I cannot begin to describe, and served with creamy mashed potatoes and sauteed carrots, squash, and zucchini. My wife ordered the shrimp and grits. Again, her meal was nothing short of amazing. If I learn how to make grits like that before I die, then I will feel my life has been a success. Shamefully, I cannot spell or pronounce our chocolate dessert, but I can tell you that it consisted of two different kinds of mousse, two layers of chocolate cake, a layer of chocolate ganache, and was topped off with rich whipped cream and blackberries. Everything was perfect. I will return to Amelia Beach someday, if only to eat at Joe's 2nd Street Bistro again.

1  Thank John H
Chef Ricky P, Owner at Joe's 2nd Street Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2012

Thank you for the kind feedback. I will pass your comments along to our server Chris. We are glad that you had such a good time. You can reach us through our Facebook page and I can pass along the secert of our grits. We look forward to seeing you next time you are in town.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

Our party of six had dinner here this past week. We sat upstairs on the balcony which is very nice. The “Tuna Martini” appetizer was excellent and the Caesar salad was good (but does not compare to Horizons’ version). “Joe’s Gumbo” however was a disappointment with too much green pepper and not enough sausage (where was the shrimp?) and it was served lukewarm! As for the entrees, the fish in the nightly special “Red Snapper with Crab and Vegetable Risotto” was very good but the risotto was not the creamy consistency we expected. It seemed under cooked. The crab topping was almost a grey puree and did nothing to enhance the dish. The other two dishes we tried were excellent – “Prime Rib” and the “Linguini with Shrimp & Scallops”. Service was attentive even with the server having to run up and down the stairs.
Overall, we were a bit disappointed since previous visits were outstanding. Something has changed and this Bistro needs to step up to keep up with the local competition.

Thank you for the feedback. We have taking steps to make sure that our soup gets delivered nice and hot when it arrives at the table. We apologize that it was not up to your standards.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

This is one of the few places in Fernandina that it seems like everything on the menu is great. Every time I have been there the service is as good as the food is. The food they serve is very hearty and it is not a small portion like some of the other places. When you leave you will be full and very satisfied! This is a must try!!! They get an A++++

1  Thank Brian N
Chef Ricky P, Owner at Joe's 2nd Street Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2012

Thank you for taking the time for the great and kind feedback. We are glad you have enjoyed dinning with us and look forward to your next visit. We strive to make every visit the best for our guest. I will make it a point to share your review with our staff. Next time you are in town please make to say hello to Mari or myself.