“This is what Pizza should be!!”
Review of Moon River Pizza

Moon River Pizza
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed May 26, 2008

I had read about Moon River before going to Amelia Island, and was not disappointed with the pizza -- YUM! We had white and sausage and pepperoni and it was great REAL pizza, which is hard to find, at least in GA where we live. The crust was delicious, and it was nice to be in somewhere less touristy for an evening.

My only complaint is that we didn't understand the "process" -- that you order at the counter and then go choose a table. When we got to the girl at the register she yawned and put her head down. It would have been nice for her to explain that we could have gotten slices with anything (as we later saw delivered to other tables). So, we ended up with 5 leftover slices (we ordered a large and a slice of white pizza), which we ate up for lunch the next day with no trouble, so it all worked out.

Highly recommended, just realize the pizza is huge. Most women could do with a slice, men maybe 2. My kids, ages 4 and 6, ate a half slice each.

1  Thank pineapplekid

Reviewed March 17, 2008

Way better than anything on the resorts.

1  Thank RCMason
Reviewed December 16, 2007

Best white pizza I've ever had. EVER EVER!
They also have a good salad.
And sweet tea.

2  Thank Sarahe80
Reviewed February 14, 2007

What a deal - a lunch special from 12-2. Two slices of a one topping pizza with a beverage for $5.00. The slices are huge and it's terrific pizza. The Italian sausage is actually slices not hunks of ground meat. It's absolutely wonderful. Forget the other pizza places, go to Moon River!!!

2  Thank Curly
Reviewed April 3, 2006

We have visited Moon River almost every time we get up that way. Being in Orlando you get Pizza close to New York but no cigar. Moon River is unique and next to being in New York I would rather eat pizza here than in Orlando. I seek and search for good pie in Orlando and even when I find it, the consistency changes. Moon River seems very consistent over the years. Keep it up Guys and girls.

4  Thank Robert V