“Not disappointed”

Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Takeout
Reviewed August 9, 2011

Our decision to get our pizza from the Moon River was based solely on the reviews here on Trip Advisor and we were not disappointed. We called in our take out order and the waitress told me it would be 30 minutes for our pizza/bread sticks to be ready. I arrived sharply at the 30 minute mark and they were just taking our pizza out of the oven. We ordered a simple large peperoni pizza and their breadsticks. It was real good. The crust was thick around the edges with no topping which I personally like the toppings to go from the edge to the edge of the pizza. They do not accept credit cards which almost made me make a run to the closet ATM in order to get my pizza. They only accept cash or local checks. They did not inform me of this over the phone and I did not see it on their website either: http://www.moonriverpizza.net/Fern.htm Their pizza reminded me of Papa Johns but on steroids.

Reviewed August 9, 2011

This place hands down has the best pizza on the island! The paintings inside provide a nice atmosphere. They also carry Bold City Duke's Brown Ale which is hard to find in Fernandina.

Reviewed July 23, 2011

My family and I have long loved Moonriver Pizza. I always start out with their Greek Salad which is the best that I have ever had. Whatever kind of feta that they use on it is fabulous, not too sharp like some fetas. Their pizza is consistently excellent and they offer wine and beer if you are so inclined. It is a locals' favorite and be warned a cash only business. It is in an unpretentious tiny strip mall next to a convenience store; however, the taste can't be beat and it is the first place that we beat a path to when we get on the island. They have ever changing funky artwork by local artists on the walls that I always enjoy checking out. If you object to a waitstaff with tats, you need not enter. Whoever owns this restaurant has had the same young staff for several years now and they do a great job.

Reviewed June 30, 2011

This time I got a calzone, was a little disappointed.The cheese wasnt spread throughout, it was just chunked in the middle, more bread than anything else. :(
Cheese sticks were awesome as usual.

Reviewed June 30, 2011

Awesome pie, and toppings on top of the cheese. If you are from JAX area, you will want your cheese on top of the toppings. That my friends is a Montreal Style pizza, YUK! if you wanna Montreal Pizza, go back to all the pizza shops in JAX includings Al's NY Style Pizza, they all put cheese on TOP of the toppings! YUK!!!!!! Hey, I drive from Hilliard, a 45-50 min drive to get to Blue Moon for the ONLY good pizza in Northern FL!!!!