“Accidental Heavenly Experience”

David's Restaurant & Lounge
Reserve with OpenTable
David's Restaurant & Lounge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: S. 8th St.
Description: The ART of Dining! At David's Restaurant we serve the finest seafood and meats available on Amelia Island. Our mouthwatering menu features a wide selections of delicious entrees such as Filet Oscar, Porterhouse, Rack of Lamb & Grilled Delmonico Rib Eye. On the Sea side Dover Sole, Truffle Scallops,Chilean Sea Bass & our Mushroom Truffle Alfredo. A specialty 6-10 pound whole Alaskan King Crab! Our elegant presentation & experienced wait staff makes dining at David's Restaurant a unique intimate romantic dining experience. Attire: Resort casual. Sunday-Thursday Happy Hour 5-7pm 1/2 Cocktails (except for Holidays and Special Events). Our lounge is pleased to specialize in the finest wines, liquors and cocktails. Open 7 nights a week.
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Who would have thought that your taste buds could go to Heaven in Fernandina Beach, Florida? While celebrating our 10th Anniversary on Amelia Island, my wife and I tried to get a reservation at Salt, the premier restaurant at the Ritz Carlton. The concierge conveyed that Salt was booked up, so we made a reservation at the other restaurant at the Ritz. A few moments later, I overheard a gentleman telling the concierge about the fabulous meal he and his family had experienced the night prior at a restaurant named David's. He said that he was a veteran vacationer to the island from Tennessee and that David's was amazing and equally as good as Salt. We asked the concierge to change our reservation and oh how very glad we were that we did.
We arrived and were greeted outside by free valet parking. Upon entering David's we were welcomed by the sound of live Kenny G-style clarinet music in the lounge...beautiful. We were promptly seated and the ascension began. Water was served and my wife ordered a Cosmo with Chopin vodka. The chef sent a Bloody Mary based appetizer sampler to the table, which was tasty. We ordered escargot and the crab bisque. Both came promptly and the garlic and mushroom infused escargot was the best we had ever eaten. The bisque was creamy and packed full of crab. Hot delicious bread was delivered in a wooden box. A fabulous start.
We were then brought two heavy spoonfuls of rasberry sorbet to cleanse our palet. My wife ordered the Dover Sole over a creamy asparagus rissoto and I order the 8oz Filet Oscar. At my wife's suggestion, I requested the bleu cheese mash potatoes (that comes standard with David's NY strip) to replace the filt's standard garlic mash potatoes. The dish came out with Prosciutto wrapped asparagus and huge chunks of delicious white crab meat. The chef had shifted sauces from the standard bearnaise to the buerre blanc and port wine demi glaze that typically accompany the NY strip.
We've eaten in a number of fantasic restaurants in Europe, Montreal, San Franciso, NY, Chicago and Las Vegas, and prior to our dining experience at David's, the Las Vegas chefs hands down held first place alone for the sauce category. No more! The burre blanc and demi glaze were works of art. Amazing!!!
The sole and filet were both cooked to perfection. While we were both so stuffed, every course was so good that I had to see the dessert menu. The wait team, who had been magnificent, suggested a beignett bananas foster that was not on the menu. It was delicious, but not quite as amazing as the rest of the meal. The bar had been set at a heavenly height.
When we go back, which will be very soon, I won't change a thing that I order, except to try a different dessert and probably take it to go. David's should be King David's as it is royal on the pallate. Thanks to the gentleman from Tennessee for grea direction. Sincerely, Once Chef from the Florida Panhandle

Owner1-GM, Owner at David's Restaurant & Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Thank you, Thank for such a detailed and complete review. We always love to read what our guests think of our restaurant, service & atmosphere. It took some time to write this and it is so appreciated. We look forward to exceeding your expectations again soon!

Reviewed July 24, 2013

David's doesn't look like much from the outside (I would guess the building's original use was not as a restaurant) the the interior is very well done. We both had seafood and I was impressed with how fresh it was. The preparations were excellent, and the service was attentive. This is definitely a good choice for a special night out.

Owner1-GM, Owner at David's Restaurant & Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time a writing a review. We appreciate it and we always love to read what our guest think of David's. I am glad our entire staff exceeded your expectations and look forward to serving you again in the future.

Best,

Deborah

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Everything from the ambience to the magnificent food was wonderful. The Petite Filets were superb, cooked to perfection. The risotto with mushrooms was good. The fresh vegetables were nestled on the risotto between the filets. Everything was excellent. We'll go back!

1  Thank Sandy R
Owner1-GM, Owner at David's Restaurant & Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

Thank you for the kind words. We do strive for perfection each and every day. Looking forward to seeing you again at David's.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Took two out of town couples to dinner and told them it would be the best experience they could imagine. The food was absolutely terrific. The service, embarrassing and abominable. I notified the manager midway through the meal, and he assured me it would improve. It didn't. He didn't bother to send any help, any other server, or to check up. On departing, he asked if it had improved, and I told him it only got worse with all the specifics. He gave me several excuses, and promised to make it right next time. Next time? How to explain this to our guests, who would NEVER go back? Up until this experience, I would rate David's the best on the island, and clearly among the best in any city. However, horrible service can wreck all the previous experiences and awards. Be careful of your waitress here....it can spoil a really nice dinner...and the manager doesn't seem to care. The bill was in excess of $500, so you would think there would have been a bit more attention from the manager!

4  Thank ocilla

I am truly sorry that we did not exceed your expectations. We have a rigorous training program for our service staff before the are even permitted on the floor to take care of our guests. Customer service is is paramount. I will review this with our staff as we take every review very, very seriously. I hope you can see your way to dine with us again as you have enjoyed David's in the past. Again, my apologies.

Best,

Deborah

Reviewed July 20, 2013

A beautiful decor! But the food was even more lovely! We skipped the appetizers and went straight to dinner. We had the grouper special, petit fillet, soft shell crab over grits (never had better grits) and seafood risotto... Nothing was left of anything and it wasn't because of small portions, everything was yummy! And then dessert...go with the bananas foster if they offer for a special, will not be disappointed. They provided little temptations along the way... a salmon mousse on a crouton with cocktails, a raspberry sorbet before dinner and chocolate strawberries at dessert. Not inexpensive but a decent value. Ask for Ash'lee for your waitress, she was wonderful, and we were a tough crowd, fun but tough! Go and enjoy, you will NOT be disappointed. And the pillows at the booths were an added comfort...Thank You all!

1  Thank Laureen S