“Great Food”

Cuisines: Seafood
Gainesville, Georgia
“Great Food”
Reviewed July 20, 2014

The food was great. I had the shrimp basket. There were three of my shrimp that was uncooked. Not enough seating, but the service was good.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Jeanette S

Morris, Illinois
“Small but oh so Good!”
Reviewed July 19, 2014

Found this little restaurant after a kayak excursion. Our guide suggested it. Found it just off the main street and boy are we glad we did. I had fried clams and I think they were the best I have ever had!! Lightly battered and big! Sat outside on the patio and it was wonderful!

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“GREAT FOOD. FAMILY FUN.”
Reviewed July 18, 2014 via mobile

The food was fantastic. Seafood so fresh it may have been caught this morning before opening. The little one loved the playground which made for a peaceful adult dining experience. Only caution is dining is primarily outdoors so if weather is poor the experience may not be as pleasant but the weather was on our side.

1 Thank Angelina D
Lafayette CA
“Fabulously Fried!”
Reviewed July 17, 2014

We ordered way too much food and managed to consume all of it because....well, it was yummy. I loved the fried clam strips and fried shrimp. The chowder was delicious - though very thick. Each platter comes with a truckload of fries, too. The place feels very southern...you can sit and eat at picnic tables outside (weather & space permitting). They serve PBR tallboys. What more could you ask for. This was the best value / food we had outside the hotel.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Wolfjack_Lafayette
Atlanta, GA
“Not as good as my other visits...”
Reviewed July 15, 2014

My family has eaten at Timoti's at least once every time we are in Fernandina Beach - so 2 -3 times per year, but this visit we noticed a difference. This visit I ordered the shrimp po'boy and it would seem that it was po' on the shrimp and the sauce, making it mainly just a hoagie roll. I hope that this is just a mis-make on my sandwich and not a trend. I paid nearly $10 for a hoagie roll with 5 small shrimp - sad in the home of the shrimping industry, lettuce and about a teaspoon of special sauce (remoulade style sauce). I would have gone back up to the counter to get more sauce, but as most people have experienced at Timoti's, the line is extremely long and the place is very small, so I just choked down the dry sandwich. Another in my party had the crab cake sandwich and it was low on sauce as well. She did get some more sauce, but they gave her just a tiny amount. I understand how the economy is affecting businesses, but don't be stingy with the cheap stuff! Everyone else enjoyed their meal. I think from now on I will stick with the fish tacos- which have always been delicious! Come on Timoti's.... don't skimp!