“Perfectly fried shrimp”

Timoti's Seafood Shack
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed April 19, 2014

Ultra-casual is right -- just picnic tables outside under a canopy or basic and very limited indoor seating. But the fried shrimp (I had the basket) is the best I've had in almost 40 years of coming to Amelia Island and Fernandina Beach. Very nice shrimp and absolutely perfectly fried. Our party also had some fried fish, fish tacos and shrimp tacos. If you're in the mood for this, you just can't go wrong with the food here. Makes for a great lunch just a few steps from Centre Street or a (very) casual dinner when the shrimp matters more than the atmosphere. Four stars overall, but make no mistake about it -- for what it is, it's outstanding!

Reviewed April 18, 2014

Four of us had lunch at Timoti’s Seafood Shak (that's how they spell it) at Fenandina Beach. The food was simple but excellent. I had the “Catch of the Day” basket, which was Sheepshead (a light white saltwater fish), blackened. The basket included curly fries, hush puppies, and cole slaw. My wife had “T’s Poke Bowl”, which included ahi tuna, coconut rice, avocado, spinach, kelp seasoning, and black sesame seeds, tossed in a soy based sauce. Our companions had an clam strip basket and a lobster roll. Everything was fresh, well prepared, and tasted great. This is a very simple place. You order at a counter with the menu on the back wall. Inside there are a few tables and a counter along the wall as well as large picnic tables outside and, surprisingly, a children’s play area. The staff was very helpful and energetic taking the orders, answering questions, and bringing out the food. So it is kind of gourmet fast food. We didn’t arrive until about 2:00pm so it wasn’t busy. I suspect there is a lot of traffic at noon. Beverages were soda, tea, beer, and wine. They also do carry out. Timoti’s met our needs for a nice lunch without going the sit down route. Prices were reasonable given the quality of the food. We’ll definitely eat there again.

Reviewed April 14, 2014

We enjoyed the casual al fresco dining here. We shared an order of Lobster Roll--2 rolls---and 2 tacos--shrimp and fish. The food was fresh and very good

Reviewed April 12, 2014

Casual, Super friendly staff and if not greeted by owner.....staff could not be any nicer. Gave me recipe for hushpuppies. If I want to cook!!!! Food is fresh and consistent in my standards. Tables are always clean and I think it is super to have a place for the kids to play. Hours are 11 - 8pm in the summer. Fish and Shrimp grilled tacos with side of hushpuppies are delish and worth the calories. Like this place a lot.

Reviewed April 9, 2014 via mobile

I haven't eaten everywhere but when I was here for vacation this was recommended as the new hot spot and they were right! I had the fresh flounder (catch of the day) and it came with cole slaw and hush puppies and curly fries. INCREDIBLE!!! The flounder was cooked perfectly and the hushpuppies tasted like their own recipe. May get a shrimp basket to eat for the drive home... WONDERFUL!!!