“Would hardly call this a "dive"”

Timoti's Seafood Shack
Cuisines: Seafood
Summit, New Jersey
“Would hardly call this a "dive"”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Not sure what Southern Living considers a dive, but this place isn't it in my book. We stopped here for lunch one day and the place is very casual but clean and bright. Great atmosphere for lunch - we sat outside on picnic benches. We both ordered the catch of the day which was flounder as a sandwich, along with a side. I had it fried and with hush puppies and my husband had his blackened and with cole slaw. Everything was delicious, but at $14.99 + sides each, it's probably the most expensive flounder sandwich I have ever had - and we live in the NYC metro area so that's saying something!

1 Thank Nora002013

Atlanta, Georgia
“Mongo says: Good Lobster Roll, Spinach Wrap, and Very Good Cole Slaw”
Reviewed October 17, 2013

THIS - is a cool restaurant. Laid back atmosphere, short but interesting menu, good counter service and good food. Good local beer too, I don't recall the name but hey - that's what beer does to me.

Two of us dropped in for lunch recently, I had the healthy diced Lobster Roll (having become an aficionado of that cuisine in the CIty back in the good old daze) and cole slaw which was QUITE good, just a little sweet which is my preference. Diced lobster is a bit of a departure from tradition but - whatever, I got mine.

My Much Better Half ordered the Spinach Wrap with shrimp and all I can say is the only thing she raves more about that that wrap, is Me. ( He said, with false humility).

Pat's Tips: * Eat outside on the deck. * Have lunch before lunch or after lunch (time) because you can tell pretty easily, this place can be slammed at the Official Lunch Hour.

Hmmm. That beer was pretty darned good. Hmmm.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank 57Horses
Bradenton, Florida
“One of the 22 best seafood dives in America (Coastal Living Mag)”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Been to Fernandina Beach 3 times now and just found this place through TripAdvisor. 6 people ate for under $80 for lunch. Shrimp baskets, kids meals, Shrimp Po Boys, beers, sodas and teas. Fish and shrimp tacos were amazing. Loaded with black beans , salsa and a slaw. (only wish it came with fries or offered as a basket like all the other meals. Light fluffy hush puppies, not a ball of fried dough like some places. Kids meals had great size chicken tenders. Only one complaint from our party, the shrimp Po boy only had 4 shrimp on it and a lot of bread. Most restaurants load on the shrimp and oysters on those kind of sandwiches. This restaurant was in my Coastal Living magazine as one of the top 22 seafood dives in USA. I didn't realize until I saw the banner outside. Well deserved. Will be back, Great play area for kids while adults eat at picnic tables close by!

2 Thank chsmit5651
Ormond Beach, Florida
“Great seafood!”
Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

Ate lunch with friends here today while visiting. Very good seafood. The shrimp tacos were good. The fried flounder basket was GREAT! Huge chunk of fish. Great hush puppies.
Had an awesome wooden boat playground so we could finish enjoying out lunch while the kids played.

1 Thank VRC1133
Fernandina Beach, Florida
“A new Favorite!”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Very good fried shrimp basket. Will eat here again! I am picky about my fried shrimp, as I eat them all the time. Sides were good as well. If you havent tried it, you are missing out!

• Visited September 2013