“Great trip”

Angler's Mark Fishing Charter
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Amelia Island Fishing Guides offers Surf Fishing , Your Boat We Guide, Crabbing , and Freshwater tours to individuals, couples, and families. Amelia Island Fishing offers great fishing tours we catch everything; Sharks, Sting Rays, Sheepshead , Pompano, Jacks, Whiting, Redfish and Drum. We provide everything you need to fish rods, tackle, and bait.
Tampa, Florida, United States
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great trip”
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Captain Lawrence was great! He not only knows the local fishing but is very knowledgeable of the area. He was great with our teenage boys and made everyone feel relaxed and welcomed. It was true pleasure fishing with him.

Visited July 2012
AnglersMark, Owner at Angler's Mark Fishing Charter, responded to this review, July 27, 2012
Great trip. FYI, I switched to all Mud-minnows today. Ya'll were having to work too hard getting through the "baitstealers" to get to some fish. However, that was a great "catching" day. It was a pleasure to meet and fish with you and your family.

Amelia Island, Florida
“Smiles A Plenty”
Reviewed July 25, 2012

My son, Jackson, and I had the opportunity to hook up with Capt. Piper today for the best fishing experience we have had together. We got in our truck to head home about noon and Jackson has not stopped smiling or talking about the experience the entire day. Capt. Piper was certainly the reason for our great experience. The highest praise I can heap on a business is whether or not I would recommend it to a friend and would I do it again. We have already bragged to friends via e mail, twitter, etc. and my son and I are looking forward to next year and our vacation so we can get back on the water with Capt. Piper. You don't have to be a fisherman to go on this trip. Capt. Piper is a pro's pro and what you do on this trip is "fish". He takes care of everything else and you have one heck of a time. My son is 11 and he learned a bunch from Capt. Piper because it was evident Capt. Piper wanted to teach him how to do things and make his experience better. Truly a great time! Smiles a Plenty!

Visited July 2012
Wow! I'm still breathing hard after that burst of excitement! It's amazing how you can be fooling with "nibblers" when all of sudden, BAM! Big Fish ON! Great meeting an fishing with ya'll.
“Best darn fishin trip EVER!”
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Capt lawrence Piper is a genuine slice of Fla cracker vs Southern charm.... From the boatride chock full of interesting wildlife facts to the calm patience needed to troll us into those "honey spots"!
2nd trip with him and planning more !
Caught 2 tourney sized Reds in about 1 hour ! Unbelieveable !!!

, Owner at Angler's Mark Fishing Charter, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
Wow! What a fishing trip. Sure was glad to see the Big Dawg unwind. Nothing like starting off strong and then easing into a cold one later for lunch! Ya'll come back.
Hickory, North Carolina, United States
“Consistently great experience”
Reviewed July 6, 2012

My family and I have fished with Captain Piper 4 or 5 times now, the latest outing earlier this week. We first fished with Lawrence when my boys were around 12 and 9, and I was so impressed with his patience with them. I've been around enough fishing guides to know that they don't all have such a positive attitude with kids or less experienced anglers, but I couldn't have asked for a better experience, so we've consistently come back. As the kids (and my wife) have returned for trips we have never been disappointed. Lawrence always seems to get us on the fish and to make us feel welcome on The Angler's Mark. Even better, this week the boys and I each caught at least one big slot red, and my wife caught a couple of keeper trout. Great memories!

Visited July 2012
, Owner at Angler's Mark Fishing Charter, responded to this review, July 8, 2012
It's been great seeing your boys grow into young men, and very good anglers! Sure am glad that ya'll included your wife these trips. Even if someone is not that into fishing, there's so much to see out on the water. The icing on the cake was that she got to catch some nice fish! Hope ya'll had a great vacation here at Amelia Island.
Atlanta
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Awesome trip”
Reviewed July 3, 2012

My wife and I just got back from Amelia Island. While there, we had the opportunity to go fishing with Captain Lawrence. We are both "novice" fishers, and Lawrence did a great job of teaching us. We ended up catching 2 sea trout that were big enough to keep along with lots of smaller fish that we released. There was plenty of action to keep us entertained. After the trip, based on Captain Lawrence's recommendation, we took our catch to Timoti's Fryshack where they grilled it for us. It is hard to beat eating such fresh fish! During the trip I mentioned to Captain Lawrence that I was interested in fly fishing, but that I had no experience with it. He was gracious enough to give me a brief introductory lesson to fly casting when we were back at the dock. I would highly recommend Captain Lawrence, and we hope to fish with him again in the future.

Visited June 2012
, Owner at Angler's Mark Fishing Charter, responded to this review, July 4, 2012
If I remember right ya'll picked up those keeper Trout towards the last of the trip. Perseverance pays off! Timoti's Fry Shack, located on north 3rd just a half block off Centre, is a great addition to the downtown area. I had some great fried shrimp there the other day.