“caught them on trivia night”

Tony’s New York Style Brick Oven and Pizzeria
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed October 17, 2012

we had a party of 14 and they were in a bit of a panic but worked it out and we had a great dinner. thanks so much.

Reviewed July 16, 2012

I was not impressed at all. We called to have the pizza delivered after reading alot of the glowing reviews. The delivery was quick, but, what we received was a greasy pizza that was average in taste and very very salty. Did I mention GREASY? Ugh. Not impressed, at all.

1  Thank badgrl1313
Reviewed July 13, 2012

On our fourth night on Amelia Island, my wife and I had our fill of shrimp and oysters. We decided to dine on the deck of our oceanfront rental for our last meal. I went to Publix (regional supermarket) to pick up some sandwiches and snacks. Before I went into Publix. I noticed Tony's brick Oven Pizza next door, so I decided to have a look at the menu. I recognized many of my favorite baked pasta dishes and pizza combinations. So, I gave Tony's a try. The pizza was very tasty, although the crust was certainly not NY style. We had a salad of the typical combination of iceberg lettuce, tomatoes, black olives, cucumbers, and topped with mozzarella. The portion was large and tasty.

Overall, the meal was quite good. So, why did I give Tony's only two stars? Food safety violations! I just learned that the restaurant was shut down in March of this year by the state health department for NINE critical violations, including the discovery of at least 75 roaches. Ewwww!

Even though the shutdown occurred four months ago and the violations have apparently been corrected, I would not have ordered from Tony's had I known about the shutdown. I feel that a restaurant that runs under those conditions will probably continue to do so. Notwithstanding the health code violations, I might have given Tony's four stars.

Reviewed June 12, 2012 via mobile

We took our children and grandchildren (14 of us) to dinner and could not have been more pleased! The servers were very attentive. Both the pizza and pasta dishes were excellent and the price was very reasonable! I highly recommend Tony's!

Reviewed June 7, 2012 via mobile

This is a convenient spot next to Publix in Fernandina Beach. The wait staff were really nice, but the pizza was slathered in garlic butter and a little too greasy. Nice menu and atmosphere, though.