WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Fernandina Beach
Tampa, Florida
“Location, location, location!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2012

This hotel is central to everything Amelia Island has to offer. The historic old town and state park are just to the north and the mainland with all of its modern necessities are just minutes to the west. The beach access is a short walk across the street at a round about (which keeps traffic slow). I watched the sunrise every morning from one of the lifeguard stands! Beautiful~
The hotel has been nicely upgraded but we do have two complaints... 1) the condensation from the air conditioner leaked so the carpet below it became saturated and 2) the "secured entry" door from the parking area doesn't shut well so anyone could enter the hotel if they wanted to.
It's a beautiful little island and well worth the trip from anywhere!

Room Tip: Most of the ocean view rooms will have a view of the restaurant across the street first. Stay here...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
  • Turkish first
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

I arrived in Fernadina at about 9:30 am, and stopped by the hotel to see what time was the soonest I could check in... they told me it was 4:00 pm, but would call me when a room came open. I told her we would head to the beach :) Then the lady asked if I needed a place for me and my children to change into our beach clothes, and offered for us to change their at the hotel. She went on to offer us to stay and eat the breakfast the hotel was serving. Although, I did not accept the offers, I appreciated the gestures of hospitality.

We went on to the beach and I received a phone call at about 11:30 saying our room was ready for check-in. I really appreciate that they went the extra mile to accomadate my family.

After check-in everything went smoothly as well.
-All aspects of the the room and hotel were clean.
-The breakfast area was kept clean and had plenty of variety.
-The staff was helpful including giving extra towels and toiletry items.
-I could not find my phone charger, so the front desk allowed me to borrow one.
-The hotel provided me with a list of local attractions with their numbers.

Overall, this was a great place to stay. The location is great! Right across the street from the beach and a variety of resturants, including Sliders, which is a tiki bar/family grill restuarant with outdoor seating directly on the beach.

I would definately recommend this hotel :)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Lara_CC_79
Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

The place was a pretty good value even though it is located on a city street, off the beach, which is across the road. What can I say? Well, it is adequate and I can't really think of anything outstanding or bad to say, except I think the claims of great service here are overrated. As we were loading the car on leaving, we found that when we got back to the room to get the rest of the bags, our key card had already deactivated and we couldn't get back into the room. And this was about 20 minutes before checkout time of 11 a.m. I had to go down to the desk and have the person there fix it, then I went back to room and finished loading car. There was no "i'm sorry for the inconvience", nothing. Do they consider this professional and good customer service?

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank 88gg
Missouri USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012

calendar on this is not very good at all>>>>>
We stayed here for one night on the 14 Th of June 2011
the calendar would not let me go back far enough
trying to help everyone find all the nice and not so nice places.
This one I remember very well, because it was such a comfy cute place.
The rooms were are very roomy and beautiful ,the beds are super nice and comfy,the place was very clean and the people working there were extremely friendly,this hotel may not sit sight on a beach, but it only takes 5 minutes walk to a Beach from here ,I only got to stay one night, but would have loved to stay longer, and in case I make it over to Amelia Island ever again., I will be staying here again

Room Tip: We had found a coupon for a room at this hotel in the hotel coupon guide and got a great rate for...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2012 via mobile

We picked this hotel for a one night stay, and was a little sad we couldn't stay longer. Though not directly on the beach, it is across the street, and very convenient. The beds and linens were comfortable, and bathroom very clean...a little low or out of t.p. and tissues but it was a quick fix. Breakfast had hog selections, which is always nice. The selection was pretty standard with cereal and breads, I am usually not picky on complimentary breakfasts, but gotta say the coffee was not good. I went without that day.

The kids loved the pool, a little chilly for us adults, but I'm sure had we swam later in the heat of the day we wouldn't have minded.

We would come back here, especially with the great prepaid rates!

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank shalisat
Brunswick
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012

In a great location and very friendly people more than happy to help you out. Beds are very comfortable. Breakfast had many choices eggs, bagels,cereal and so on.Shops in walking distance , beach and sliders restaurant across the street. My grandson had a ball this is a great place to relax. I loved it

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Warner Robins, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012

When we called to make a reservation we were quoted a price. When we called back five minutes later and spoke to someone else we were quoted a different price. When we questioned the second person about the previous rates we were told that yes that price was available but it did not allow for a cancellation (we were calling the morning we wanted to check in). We opted for this package as it saved us quite a bit. Upon our arrival that afternoon a bus was dropping offing a charter load of people attending a family reunion. The front desk did an amazing job getting everyone checked in and we were given a room away from the noise. The next morning we left the notice on the bed (along with a tip) asking to change the blanket and sheets as there was a stain on the blanket and a hole in the fitted sheet. That evening when we went to bed we noticed the blanket had been changed but the same set of sheets were on the bed. The next morning we requested the sheets be changed again (no tip this time) and again we were disappointed that evening to discover that they had not been changed. When we reported this to the front desk at check out they were apologetic but that is about it. We did like the size of the room along with the counter top that that hosted the microwave and refrigerator however the room (especially the bathroom) could have used some sprucing up. The location was great as we were right across from the beach.

Room Tip: I recommend staying in a room on the parking lot side of the hotel as the ocean view is very limited...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Residence Inn Amelia Island
#1 of 11 in Fernandina Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,286 reviews
Comfort Suites Oceanview Amelia Island
Comfort Suites Oceanview Amelia ...
#10 of 11 in Fernandina Beach
Hampton Inn & Suites Amelia Island-Historic Harbor Front
Hampton Inn & Suites Amelia Isla...
#4 of 11 in Fernandina Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,274 reviews
Hampton Inn Amelia Island at Fernandina Beach
Hampton Inn Amelia Island at Fer...
#8 of 11 in Fernandina Beach

Been to Amelia Hotel at the Beach? Share your experiences!