“Great spot on the beach for lunch or dinner. . .”
Review of The Beach Club at Amelia - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
The Beach Club at Amelia
Cuisines: American
Reviewed April 6, 2012

When my wife and I were down for our first visit to Ameila Island recently, we noticed this building adjacent to the beach parking lot. We wondered what it was. . . my wife commented that it looked like some sort of club. Some days later, she went in to investigate. . turns our it HAD been a private club, but was just now opening to the public. On our last day on the island, after we had checked out of our hotel, we had lunch there before leaving for the airport. It's a beautiful space, light and airy, overlooking the beach. There is a "front room" that overlooks the dunes, and the main dining room with a small bar.
We can't really vouch for the food, as we both just had salads---they were great! But the space is nice---it' s a bit more upscale than Sliders---(which we love), so leave the bathing suits and worn t-shirts, and come dressed up a bit more---you know, maybe something with a collar!. . . We met the manager, Stephanie, who could not have been nicer, and her staff---very affable and attractive young people who are full of that "southern hospitality" that we found everywhere we went on the island. . .

The day we went was their first day open to the public. I do hope they do well, so please, if you want something a bit quieter and more geared towards the , ahem, dare I say it, more mature, crowd --- hey, I'm almost 56. . . . please give it a try. . very nice place to eat and talk and take in the beautiful beach y'all have down there. . (see, got me talking southern already!)

2  Thank s_chat1