“Best wild life experience!”

On The Water Adventures - Private Tours
Ranked #17 of 43 Tours in Fernandina Beach
Reviewed April 16, 2014 via mobile

Captain Jay filled in and was amazing. Within minutes we were watching dolphins. It was a cold windy day and blankets were provided. He accommodated us with our requests. We saw dolphins, wild horses, some type of wild coyote and the best surprise was a manatee. We were told they may not be here yet because they migrate and the weather has been cold. Captain Jay spotted some rings in the water left by a manatees tail. We trailed it for a while and saw it come up for air three times. All of this in just under three hours. It was the most rewarding boating adventure I've ever had. This is a must do!!

1  Thank Tracey B

Reviewed December 2, 2013

This is a 'must do' experience if you want to have a personalized tour of the Cumberland Islands area. Captain Carol was magnificent, sharing local knowledge about the area and taking us back into the secret canals of Cumberland that you would never see on a commercial boat trip. Would highly recommend this experience.

We were a family, grandparents to young kids. The ability to have a flexible journey was great as well - Carol was accommodating and able to go back or revisit anything of particular interest. A highlight of our stay on Amelia Island.

1  Thank AmriMc
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Captain Carol was knowledgable, engaging and professional. She went out of her way to ensure we had a pleasurable morning. My husband and I met her on the dock of the marina as she was preparing to go out on a trip two other couples had booked. One of the two couples had backed out so we were able to take their spot. We had a fantastic morning! The couple we shared the tour with were a delight. Carol took us to see the wild horses and we got close enough to get great photos. She took us to the old docks of the Carnegie home site. Her boat was able to get into places the larger "touristy" boats could not go. We saw dolphins playing, feeding in the flats. We saw heron, osprey and other beautiful birds. Overall a great trip and would book again when we return to the island.

Reviewed October 11, 2013

We had an awesome adventure! First, Captain Carol took us over by Cumberland. We saw horses, turkeys and egrets. Then, we went through Beach Creek where we saw dolphins. Finally, in the channel, we saw dolphins mate, chase in our wake, and while they were they were chasing in our wake, they reared up and danced on their tails.It was the best boat trip ever!
The above is from my 10 year old son. He obviously had an amazing time. As did I! We were able to see dolphins strand feeding. You would almost think the dolphin was in trouble by the way it beached itself to get to the fish. Also, seeing the pink bellies on the dolphins while they were mating is something I've never seen before. A-W-E-S-O-M-E is all I can say! Thanks Capt. Carol for such an amazing experience. It never gets old!

Reviewed October 8, 2013

I read about how much knowledge captain carol had of the area so we booked HER tour. Imagine how disappointed I was when she decided to shop with her daughter and send a sub captain. He was nice and did his best. Maybe a phone call from carol and ask if I wanted to cancel would have made me feel better. I booked the tour a month in advance so I think she could have showed up . The Boat was nice.

1  Thank buckFayetteville
Beth W, Owner at On The Water Adventures - Private Tours, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2013

I am sorry that I disappointed. I admit it, I was shopping with my daughter. For her wedding gown, which I bought that day. You were in the very capable hands of Captain Jay, a third generation native of Amelia Island, and I was told that you had an incredible adventure watching dolphins stand feeding. A once in a lifetime experience for the frequent boater. However, you are correct, I should have let you know that I would be unable to make your charter, and that Captain Jay was stepping in for me. Thank you for hanging in there and giving Jay a chance, I hope you were happy that you did.