“Just Ok”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed April 17, 2013

We didn't dine in but ordered a oyster basket & shrimp basket to go. While the shrimp & oysters were fried to our liking the sides fell flat. The fries were soggy and entirely too salty. It was like they had just been sitting in grease. The coleslaw was extra dry little to no slaw dressing and the tartar sauce was sweet, contained too much relish. Overall the food was just ok but the waitress that took our order was friendly & polite.

Visit: 4-16-2013

Reviewed April 12, 2013

We spent a few nights on Amelia Island and went to Shuckers based on the reviews in this forum.
Started with a bucket of steamed oysters which were the best we ever had anywhere. Plump, beautiful oysters (appalachicola, I think). We each had some kind of shrimp dish as an entree but next time it will be oysters followed by oysters and maybe one more.

Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

Yes, it's next to a gas station. Yes, it is off of the highway. Yes, you have to "leave" the island. Yes, a bit weird and unglamorous. But the raw and roasted oysters are the best I have ever had. Good value too!

Reviewed March 24, 2013

This place has a southern bar ambience with a seafood twist (parking lot paved with oyster shells). The raw oysters taste really fresh and come with horseradish, lemon, and cocktail sauce. Our group of four downed 2 dozen without blinking. They were really good. We also tried the fried oysters, fried shrimp, and steamed shrimp. All were good, but the fried oysters were the biggest hit. Fries and coleslaw are okay, but the fresh seafood and beer choices will bring us back.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

This is somewhat a typical oyster bar restaurant. It has alot of room and a choice of a lengthy bar, booths and larger tables. There are 3 or 4 TVs going, which was nice for the NCAA conference tourneys that were going on. The menu is kind of limited for a big seafood restaurant, but for more casual seafood place, it is normal. I was surprised that the establishment had a full bar. This was a plus, most of these have many beer selections, some wine, and sodas. I had the shrimp Po-Boy, it was well fixed and came with fries and cole slaw. The sides were adequate, but the Po-Boy was the star of the show. It was very large, with several shrimp that were very fresh. The bread was fresh and complimented the shrimp. The tomato and lettuce were very good. The reason I bring those up, many times those are so bad they take away alot from the sandwich itself. I can't begin to say enough about the quality of service. Lauren waited on me and was fantastic. She was very accommodating and wanted to find the answers to the many questions I had. Though the place was pretty crowded she and another waitress did a great job together for the dining room. It is a good value for food and drink. I was very pleased that I came.