“Oceanview”
other travelers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Ducimus
Ottawa, Canada
“We had a great six weeks, but sadly won't be back”
Reviewed March 14, 2018 for a stay in January 2018
person found this review helpful

We spent six weeks in Jan-Feb at this condo, so feel well qualified to comment on its features. Amelia Island is definitely worth the trip and the location of Atlantis on Amelia was just perfect. The beach is delightful and uncrowded, the condo complex is small and friendly, the town of Fernandina Beach is fabulous and there are lots of activities such as golf, tennis, cycling and the big draw - spending time on the beach. The owner provides everything you need in the condo itself, which is well fitted out and has perfect views of the ocean.

That said, we had some issues with the state of the condo that are both short term and longer term in nature. All of these are not issues that a renter should have to deal with. We found problems in the following areas:

- Cleaning. The cleaning company left the condo in a less than satisfactory state. The entire condo was dusty and did not appear well cleaned on arrival. The floors smelled of "old mop" that we had to clean again. We found gross, unmentionable things from a previous renter when sweeping under the bed that had to be thrown away. There were towels used by the previous renter that had not been washed but placed again on the towel bar (the smell was obvious).

- Bathrooms. There were large deposits of calcium/lime on the bathroom faucets that needed serious scraping and cleaning to bring them to an acceptable standard (about an hour of work, completed personally using a scraper and CLR). The master shower's faucet was loose and seemed like it would break at anytime, while the floor of the shower had rust around the drain that required deep cleaning as well. The second bathroom tub has an amateurish fix to the floor where there was previously a large crack - the tub needs replacement. The drains were very slow and required a treatment of "Drano" to make them run better.

- Kitchen. The kitchen cupboards are in a poor state. There is a large gap in the countertop at the junction under the microwave and the floor of the cupboard under the sink has drooped significantly with moisture and age. The sink itself is loose under the faucets due to the condition of the countertop.The dishwasher, while relatively new, was strongly influenced by the local hard water, which we fixed by purchasing a "Finish Dishwasher Cleaner" at the local shop.

The owner might ask why we didn't just complain about any of the temporary issues found above. The answer is simple - we're not complainers. We try to fix things judged to be within our control and only elevate issues that we can't resolve ourselves. But the spirit of TripAdvisor is to pass on experiences in an honest, unbiased manner.

The owner advised me that there are renovations planned to the bathrooms and maybe the kitchen for later this year, so hopefully the issues that we found will be resolved soon.

However, because we had six weeks on site we had the luxury of being able to fully research the local rental market and to personally visit many condos in the same size bracket. Overall, we found lots of good properties in the area that offer better value than this one, so look closely at the cost of this condo when compared to others and decide for yourself whether it is worth the extra outlay.

Bottom line - do your research, especially on cost. There is plenty of choice in Fernandina Beach.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Mar 18, 2018
Sadly this man is not telling the truth. He rented our unit last year for 6 weeks and totally loved it. Never one complaint, even when I asked him if everything was okay. He responded that he loved our unit and wanted to rent it again next year January 15th until March 1st, 2019. I was busy becoming a Grandma to my new sweet grandson, so I had him contact our cleaning/rental company on the island. I guess they told him that the rates on my unit had gone up since last year. Sadly after he heard that the rates would be higher next year he changed his review from a 5 star review to this horrible review. You can read my other 32 - 5 STAR reviews to know the truth about our unit. Our unit is not brand new and does not have a brand new kitchen or bathrooms, but it is our little slice of heaven away from home and we adore and love it. He paid only $66.00 a day for 6 weeks and that was not the correct rate. When he heard it would be more, he totally changed his demeanor. I am sad that after 16 years of having no rental issues at all, that he would leave such a negative review. Funny thing is, if he would have reached out to me again, I would have worked with him and probably done the same rate as last year, because that is just who I am and what I do. Sadly, he did not do that! Our condo is fully furnished and whimsical and loved, though not brand new. The kitchen counter may be a bit off, and the cabinets are fully functional and sanded and repainted - Not perfect, but perfect to us and most others. All appliances including the washer and dryer are less than 6 months old. The furniture is all brand new in living room, as are all the TV's. It is a beach get-away and a splendid one at that. The bathtub was cracked a few months ago due to a renter trying to wash his beach items (cooler and chairs) in the bath tub. He offered to pay me to have it replaced, but I knew it was an accident , so it will be replaced and fixed soon at my expense , not his, because accidents happen. The counter top is a bit flawed as I mentioned, but aren't we all! If anyone has any questions or issues about this negative review, please contact me: Joanputrino@aol.com - We will be renovating the entire condo this year, but most likely not getting rid of all the flaws, as that is what makes this place so magical. And to all the people that have stayed here over the years, thank you for your honest reviews and friendship. xo Joan
Amy C
Fishers, IN
“Oceanview”
Reviewed January 15, 2018 for a stay in January 2018

The condo is in a great location with beautiful second floor views. It has everything you might need to enjoy a peaceful time at the beach.
Highly recommend.
We will be back!

Mar 10, 2018
Thanks Amy - we hope you come again
Jeff F
Littleton, Colorado
“Nice Ocean front condo for a family.. Best beach in US”
Reviewed November 5, 2017 for a stay in October 2017

I rented this condo for visitation with my Mother and father who live in assisted care on the Island. They have lived there almost 20 years so I know the beach well having walked up to this nearby pier many times. The beach is rated one of the top in the nation by USA today. I loved the condo. The oceanfront deck has glass doors on the master room and family room with that lovely table on the deck. You can watch the sunrise from your bed in the master. Ample kitchen, dining, and family room. Would be a good rental for a family with kids as the second room has four bunks, boogie boards, chairs and everything you need for the beach. The pool is not beachside. I may rent this again as it is a beautiful spot just to sit and watch the ocean with my old folks... Amelia Island is the hidden gem of island beach communities in all of Florida.

Nov 15, 2017
Jeff,

I hope you will come again . Glad you were able to spend some quality time with your folks.

Joan Putrino
gjnmo
Saint Louis, Missouri
“"Great condo, perfect location to everything and a beautiful clean, quiet beach!"”
Reviewed October 10, 2017 for a stay in September 2017

This was our first visit to Amelia Island and it will not be our last! First i want to review the owner...Joan....we were there when hurricane Irma hit and after the fact she has been wonderful to deal with in compensating for our loss of vacation days. I think it will be difficult to find a better owner to deal with! The condo had everything we needed except of course our fresh food! We lived out on the covered porch when we were not on the beach....it is great to have coffee on and watch the ocean. The washer and dryer looked new and worked great....the beds were all comfortable and i especially liked having afghans to curl up in while watching "chip and joanna" which seemed to come on at the hottest part of the day (when we all needed to get off of the beach!) Also, the bedrooms are separated from each other so talking people in one will not bother sleeping people in the other. The kitchen had everything you can think of and the fridge was a large one.
It was a great vacation spot and the island has everything you need...you don't have to travel to find even organic food! Will definitely visit there again from joan!

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks - and I hope to see you again soon
jeffdiane...
St. Petersburg, Florida
“"Paradise Perfection!"”
Reviewed August 27, 2017 for a stay in August 2017

If you are looking for the perfect Beach Condo to go to with family and friends for much relaxation and to make memories look no further! This condo has all the amenities of "home!" Our family enjoyed the beach, boogie boarding and visiting the town with all the unique shops and restaurants. We visited state parks, went horse back riding on the beach and wave running. My favorite part of the day was sitting on the balcony with my morning coffee watching the beautiful sunrise. None of us wanted to leave... So Beautiful!

Aug 28, 2017
I hope you return soon
Amy C
Fishers, IN
“Want to keep it a secret!”
Reviewed August 24, 2017 for a stay in August 2017

WOW, is this place beautiful. I really don't want to share anything about it so I can book it again. LOL Don't want everyone know how AMAZING the view is from the 2nd floor. Or how well appointed the condo is with EVERYTHING you need here. Or how nice the pool is! Or the location is so close to grocery stores, restaurants and parks. I really want to keep it a secret but that wouldn't be fair to the owner who has done a WONDERFUL job sharing her "special place". The two bedroom/2 bath condo is very comfortable, clean and works well for your stay in Amelia Island. You won't be disappointed. NOW to get it booked up again before I can't :-) THANK YOU

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks and look forward to many happy visits in the future. xo Joan
Carole M
Asheville, North Carolina
“Relaxation to the Max!”
Reviewed August 23, 2017 for a stay in June 2017

This condo is the best!! Very clean and comfortable! We had so much fun watching the sunrise every morning from the balcony or while taking our walk along the beach. The condo is stocked with lots of fun games! There are a lot of great restaurants close by and the shopping at Fernandina Beach is wonderful!! I would definitely stay here again!! Can't wait to make my next vacation reservation!

Aug 24, 2017
Come back anytime Carole. xo
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing