1,676 results
All reviewshistoric districtgreat locationtrain trackswithin walking distanceamelia islandshops and restaurantsthe breakfast areahotel is locatedking suitelight sleeperdowntown areacomplimentary breakfastvery nice hotelgreat place to stayfront desk staffshort drivecookies
Reviewed June 19, 2009

The property is slightly worn and mostly clean. We were given a quiet comfortable room. The pool was well maintained and adequately heated. The location is ideal for the historic district shops, restaurants and the pier. You will have to drive if you want to go to the beach. There is plenty of beach parking and easy access. The parking at the hotel is tight. I got the last available space on two different nights.
The hotel staff was friendly and courteous. The one exception was at the breakfast buffet. They were consistently running out of things including coffee. It took a good ten minutes for them to replace the coffee one morning. As another reviewer commented, the two ladies back in the kitchen apparently do not like their jobs.
Overall we had a nice stay here and I would book here again.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank pretzel660
Reviewed June 14, 2009

Very nice hotel right in a downtown area of Amelia Island. Located across the street from a small marina in a very pedestrian friendly town with lots of little shoppes and places to eat. Extremely clean and the service is probaly the best I have ever gotten at a Hampton. The hotel itself appears to have been built as a boutique style hotel that the Hampton has taken over. They have done a very nice jobs with it. The room we had was quite large witha small kitchen table, sink and microwave. The place is just a couple miles from a very nice beach as well.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank beavertontim
Reviewed April 27, 2009

The hotel was very clean and the staff was wonderful. We upgrade to a suite and the room was so big you could have a party. The bed was very comfy,and location was great.
small little island town everything in walking distance or bike ride. We brought our bikes and tour the neighborhoods. Great place to bike. The front desk clerk even offer to store our bikes in the office overnight,great hotel will return.

Reviewed April 12, 2009

Had a nice stay. We stayed on the 4th floor and had a problem with our A/C (froze over) at about 9 PM the first night we stayed. Cindy at the front desk was VERY nice and understanding and gave us the room that was attached (and vacant). This enabled my wife to move without getting out of her night clothes. Not to mention that the room we moved into was a HUGE one bedroom suite!! THANKS AGAIN CINDY!!!! Overall the Hotel is in good shape. A few times I got that "mildew" smell from the A/C units (even in the new room). Not the best Hampton Inns and suites we have stayed in. I would say 2.5 - 3. Good location for shopping. All prices were very reasonable. Very low key and relaxing. The island as a whole is just "OK". It is quaint (another name for real old), but not the "old" I thought. Yes it had the nice "historic" houses, but most of the island homes and businesses were built in the 60's - 70's and just look run down. Since we live near Destin, FL I guess we were just spoiled. I was looking for a "nicer" setting. Absolutely NO "WOW" factor!! If you are looking for that "WOW" factor go to another location.

1  Thank radar78
Reviewed April 11, 2009

Decided at the last minute to head out of town for nicer weather at Amelia Island and was happy to see that I could still book at room at this lovely hotel. I selected this particular hotel due to the great reviews here on Tripadvisor. The reviews were right on. This Hampton has an excellent location - right in the midst of the historic area where there are great little shops and restaurants. As for the hotel itself, it is quiet lovely - one of the most unique Hamptons that I ever stayed at. The staircase down to the lobby is wonderful. I booked a King Suite room and it was spacious in size and very clean. The free breakfast here was also very good. First of all, it's served in what is called a "Cafe" on the second floor and it's the largest breakfast room that I have ever seen at a Hampton. Second, the variety offerred was perhaps the best I have ever seen at a Hampton also. I definitely recommend this location and plan on coming back myself in the future.

1  Thank Chapsbaby