After a lot of deliberation--whether to stay in the historic district or stay in a hotel with a balcony overlooking beach and water--we opted to stay at this hotel because of its proximity to a wide variety of shops, restaurants, historic buildings, beautiful houses and marina.
We asked for a room on an upper floor away from the train tracks. Our room was on the fourth floor (403). It had two windows friom which we could see City Hall on the left and train tracks, marina and smoke belching factory on the right. The train runs day and night and signals at intersections. We kept the air conditioner on which effectively muffled some of the noise. The room was immaculate. It had a small fridge, microwave and coffee pot. Amenities were in the bathroom. The bed had a pretty duvet that management says is washed after every guest!! That, to us, is impressive. The bed was exceedingly comfy, as were the pillows. There was plenty of parking both around the hotel and across the street where there is a small lot marked for public parking. The pool and breakfast room are on the second floor overlooking the train tracks and marina. The breakfast room opens at 6 a.m. to 10 a.m. with hot items as well as yogurt, fruit, and buns. There is also coffee in the lobby. There's a free newspaper Mon-Fri. Front desk was pleasant. Housekeeping always said hi as we walked by. The elevators (2) were quick. The lobby is unusual with a fireplace and an amazing curving staircase. We took advantage of the Hampton Inn special on the Amelia Island website and got the third night free. There are also Hilton Inn "Great Getaway Rates" that are a goo deal but make sure your dates coincide with your stay. Overall, we would stay at this hotel agian.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, HotelsClick and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Amelia Island-Historic Harbor Front reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn And Suites Amelia Island
- Hampton Inn & Suites Amelia Island Hotel Fernandina Beach
- Hampton Inn Amelia Island
- Hampton Inn Fernandina Beach
- Fernandina Beach Hampton Inn
- Hampton Inn & Suites Amelia Island-Historic Harbor Front Fernandina Beach, FL