1,678 results
All reviewshistoric districtgreat locationtrain trackswithin walking distanceamelia islandshops and restaurantsthe breakfast areahotel is locatedking suitelight sleeperdowntown areacomplimentary breakfastvery nice hotelgreat place to stayfront desk staffshort drivecookies
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Hotel located in a beautiful location, down town Amelia Island with plenty to do within walking distance. But, employees mis informed, no gym, no consistent internet capability. Poor stay and after this happening twice in one year, this is one place I will boycott going forward. Shame, because it could be exceptional but it has fallen by the wayside and I have serious doubts that it will ever rebound and be a true Hilton property again.

Room Tip: Go to another facility. You will not have internet here nor will you have a gym and God forbid if you have to call the front desk staff just coming on to do their shift, they just are clueless on policy and have zero follow up when someone is unhappy.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Debi N
Bob R R, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Amelia Island-Historic Harbor Front, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to speak to me regarding the problems you encountered with your stay. I am sorry that we did not live up to your expectations and we have used your comments to further train our staff in excellent guest service standards. We have finished the renovation on our exercise facility and I hope that you will give us another opportunity to provide you with the service and facilities that you can enjoy.

Bob Ramshaw, General Manager

Reviewed February 23, 2013

Me and my husband chose to spend our 1st night as man and wife here because we love Fernandina, the location of this hotel is great, and we are Hilton Honors Members. A few days later a friend of mine asked how we enjoyed our basket in our hotel room and I asked "What basket?". She had made a basket of fruit, candy, sparkling cider, for us and drove 20 minutes to deliever it to the hotel. She verified that we were staying there and left it with staff to place in our room for us to have when we arrrived after our wedding. After discovering this, I let Hampton Inns know of our experience as well as Trip Advisor. A few days later I received an email from the manager aplogizing. Seems like staff had changed our room but had failed to move the basket to the new room. I don't know what happened to the basket, but I received a certificate in the mail for 2 FREE NIGHTS in a Luxury Suite. This is certainly a wrong made right. Very classy way to make amends. Thank you! We look forward to our stay with you!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 22, 2013

We stayed at the Hampton Inn while in town for a golf tournament. the desk clerk did a great h job of recommending restaurants within walking distance. Room was clean and large- we have a princess suite. Breakfast was average. We ended up eating out at a local spot for a better hot breakfast.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank matissegirl

Thank you for being our guest. Friendly customer service is something we pride ourselves in and it's nice to hear this time was no different. I've shared your compliments with our team and I appreciate you pointing out the positive actions of our desk clerks. We look forward to serving you again the next time you are here in Fernandina Beach.

Kind regards,

Bob Ramshaw, General Manager

Reviewed February 20, 2013

We had reserved a king bed "suite" the layout was perfect for our situation. Two little ones, two adults...we had plenty of room, plenty of bedding. Everything was very clean (thank you Anita)! The proximity to the beach was great as well as the distance to convenience options...food, drug stores etc....nice visit! Would definitely go back.

Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed February 18, 2013

We had a wonderful mini vacation. The hotel is beautiful and warm and the location is excellent. We definitely recommend this location. Lots to see and do. Great nightlife! When you check in the staff is very friendly and will take care of just about any need you have. The hotel is located in the harbor area of Fernandina Beach. Everything is walking distance. Fine Dining is just a few steps away from the hotel. The brick streets just lend to the warmth of the area. You won't be disappointed!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple